Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I'd like to know your opinions about this two items, an SS FM stickpin and a 1st Type SS Hoffstatter 4 numbers. Thanks a lot for your time Bye friends!

?

Default SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter

Hello gentlemen,

I'd like to know your opinions about this two items, an SS FM stickpin and a 1st Type SS Hoffstatter 4 numbers.

Thanks a lot for your time

Bye friends!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter   SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter  

SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter   SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I just purchased my first Förderndes Mitglied der SS pin a few weeks ago, so I am by no means qualified to opine with certainty.

However here is a link to mine which has another link with more examples to compare it to.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...number-541254/

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Michael, thanks for your reply!

Both look fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree, both fine.

no red flags.

I can't comment on the SSFM stickpin, but I actually don't like the look of the SS-ZA... There are a number of things that seem "off" to me. First, the 2 concentric rings on the front side look much thicker than those I have seen on authentic pins. The maker's mark on the back also looks very thick and sloppy. The authentic pieces that I've seen have very crisp letters on them. Finally, when you look at the picture of the front side, you can see a "groove" on the pin itself, which I have not observed on authentic SS-ZAs. In fact, the pin pictured is practically identical to an unnumbered pin that I posted on this forum as a possible fake a few weeks ago (SS-Zivilabzeichen - Interesting Fakes?). Here is the picture of that pin:

SS FM Stickpin ans SS Hoffstatter

If you compare the pin in question with this one, you'll see that it has ALL the same features (except that this one has been numbered). The thick rings are there, it has the same shape and orientation of the runes, and you can even see that strange groove in the pin itself. The maker's mark is also quite similar (notice how the letters on both pins seem to fade away around the word "Bonn"). They both even have the same yellowish brown residue near the circular base of the pin.

I would also like to note that this same exact pin has been reviewed on this forum 3 months ago (in fact, the person who started this thread commented on it and said he/she didn't like it). That time, it was paired up with a different SSFM stickpin. Here's the link: SS Pins HELP!!. On that same day, it was also reviewed on WAF, and a few members there expressed concerns about it, too (HELP about two SS Stickpins - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums). In the pictures of this pin in the earlier thread, we get a better view of the pin itself. You can see that this pin has a very pronounced thick twist to it, with very few twists. Authentic pins that I've seen have many twists, and they are much thinner. Compare it to the picture I have provided and you'll see that the pin in that picture has the exact same type of twists in it.

Personally, I would not want this pin. It is not what I would call "textbook," and, based on the characteristics that I mentioned above, I question its authenticity...

So Destra, you don't like a pin one month then three months later you are posting it for review? What gives??

?

Hello everyone and thanks for replies! This pin was for sale on militaria321 and a lot of people said wasn't good and I see (thanks to daveward) maybe other people was asking about it on other sites. I bought it, this is why I was asking a confirm! I don't like it, but someone told me is a first type ssza, lil different between other common hoffstatter pins. This is why I was asking now your confirm, sorry for mistake and thanks for help

Didn't you also say it wasn't good?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast