Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937

Article about: courtesy of a colleague with fine taste and a discerning eye.

Default SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937

courtesy of a colleague with fine taste and a discerning eye.SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937
    P
    Many

The cap was reputedly found in a thrift store for a 1955 price. Or not even a 1955 price.

Those were the days...

?

Superb! I believe these were also made, perhaps earlier, with the cream silk lining as seen in "sonderanfertigung" caps. I'd love to see more pics...

Thanks. These images come from a well known mutual acquaintance. These are all the images I have.

I have always been intrigued by these style larger winged cap eagles ..and how they may have been relevant to the SS cap. Thankyou Friedrich for posting a photo of this example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937SS Fuehrer Feldmuetze, schwarz....ca. 1937
    Quote by Larry C View Post
    I have always been intrigued by these style larger winged cap eagles ..and how they may have been relevant to the SS cap. Thankyou Friedrich for posting a photo of this example. Regards Larry
    Thanks for yours. It is or is not true that the army style badge was worn in the LAH, and that this breach of regulation led to the creation of the later SS cap badge
    in late 1935, which was then introduced in 1936 into wear. I found the documents to this effect and posted them years ago.

This cap was found by perhaps the leading peaked cap collector in the USA, who has a very discerning eye.

If he will furnish more images, I shall let you know in turn.

Thanks for your interest. I am at pains to provide the readership with interesting material.

?

What a superb black cap! I saw a few of the field Grey Cloth covered VT Alter Art caps with this Kind of protecting sweat Diamond inside. One day i will add on of this field Grey Cloth covered caps to my collection but they are hard to find these days.

Quote by Arran View Post
    Superb! I believe these were also made, perhaps earlier, with the cream silk lining as seen in "sonderanfertigung" caps. I'd love to see more pics...
    as your fine recall demonstrates....

?

That's also a super cap also! I think someone we know is cornering the market on these. The one above appears to have the "Vom Reichsfuhrer SS" label and the runes as usually seen beneath a celluloid diamond...