Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS German foreign volunteer......patch help

Article about: Hello everyone, I got into collecting foreign volunteer insignia patches after accumulating a few and I'm noticing a couple variants. Before I invest too much, I just had a couple questions.

Default SS German foreign volunteer......patch help

Hello everyone,
    I got into collecting foreign volunteer insignia patches after accumulating a few and I'm noticing a couple variants. Before I invest too much, I just had a couple questions. The cheapest of the patches I've noticed are the screen printed ones, (see pic,) then i noticed patches that look similar to these but when you flip them over they appear to be embroidered, sometimes even saying, "BeVo- Wuppertal," (No pic,) on the front. Is this variant original? Then the 3rd type I'm seeing, (see pic; Italian axe,) looks more like a traditional patch, way fewer strings on the back, then the 2nd, as well as a little smaller. Also, is this 3rd type official as well? Thanks everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS German foreign volunteer......patch help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS German foreign volunteer......patch help
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

The Italian Fasces badge is an official type , many were found mint in Dachau when liberated .

I don't want to comment on originality . I'm sure someone will .

I don't have an example of the 2nd type but they're all overt Google, they look like the screen printed on the front, many have a green background, some day BeVo wutteral, and strings airing to be embroidered on the back? I've an a post on this forum for the Hungary patch people said it is a repro, but I see websites selling original German relics, calling these original, I would just like to know people opinions, before purchasing these 2nd variants, thanks.

A photo of the reverse as well may help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry, here is the 2nd variant, I was referring to, here is a strip of 5, POA volunteer patches, where you can see the front and back, the front appears the same as the screen printed variant #1, the back gives the embroidered appearance. This variant #2 we're the I was wondering if was original, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS German foreign volunteer......patch help  

CBH
    ?

They discuss these in a thread "POA shield help" in the Insignia section .

Quote by CBH View Post
    They discuss these in a thread "POA shield help" in the Insignia section .
    I can't seem to find this thread, I just go to search but still can't find it? This variant version machine woven variant, are these correct? Or a post war remake?

NM, I found it.