Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

Article about: Fabulous! I dont often see the gloves, are they a standard issue type or were there many variants? Nick

Default Re: SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

Fabulous! I dont often see the gloves, are they a standard issue type or were there many variants?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The new owner should find the man's personnel file to see why he left the LSSAH in 1938.
    That would be interesting, especially as Harries was with the eventual Leibstandarte from its very earliest days. I dug around a little bit more and found that, according to this secondary source, he was one of the original members of the SS-Stabswache Berlin in March 1933:

SS

(At the time he was still an enlisted man; he was commissioned as Untersturmführer on 10 March 35, with promotion to Obersturmführer per 9 November 1936. His career seemed to have developed alright.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 02-13-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Many thanks for the further data and my respect for the wise assessment by colleague Hritz, who knows SS material better than the rest of us.

?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I do not know the price that was asked, but there are many collectors who save up the funds for such extraordinary offerings, when they come available. The uniform is one of those relics that does not often appear for sale and the buyer is fortunate to be able to add such a fine piece to his collection.

Bob Hritz
    A wise collecting strategy. It seems the truly stand apart items rarely come up and when they do, they disappear fast. It is the pieces like this that set apart a good collection from a World class collection.

Shea had a not dissimilar piece for sale, but this one is much more attractive and with a much better history.

Happy foetid woolens.

Is there an estimate of what the buyer would have paid for this?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Is there an estimate of what the buyer would have paid for this?
    Perhaps you can ask the dealer, himself.

I think not, I am merely curious, not an interested buyer.

Not to be outdone, Shea has one, too, for USD29500.....this one is in the Beaver book and apparently was from v. Ribbentrop's aide who was involved in the 20th of July. The description of the uniform incorrectly says the man was in the SD, while he was attached to the SS Hauptamt, as the foreign minister had SS rank.SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAHSS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAHSS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

The one from Harries was more regulation. This coat diverges from the pattern of the other.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast