Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ss great coat m.36

Article about: hello I would like to get my fellow collectors opinion on this Ss tunic, to me it looks good but I haven't seen to many early Ss greatcoats. Buttons are different but all of them are from 19

Bravo. Fine additions to your collection. When you don't want them, I will happily buy them.

- - ------- - -

The specifications and regulations are actually very hard to read unless you have a pretty refined command of the German of the time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss great coat m.36
    P
    Many

?

Very true, I am finding it quite difficult but I enjoy the challenge.

Ss great coat m.36
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Very true, I am finding it quite difficult but I enjoy the challenge.
    I have been reading this kind of German for forty years and more and also I encounter it, may I say, in other facets of life.

For the beginner, however, it is not easy, as some of the Nazi German is actually quite awful in grammar and such.

This fact especially applies to the RZM orders and the SS orders, too, which bespeaks the abysmal level of education of many of these people.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

For the beginner, however, it is not easy, as some of the Nazi German is actually quite awful in grammar and such.

This fact especially applies to the RZM orders and the SS orders, too, which bespeaks the abysmal level of education of many of these people.
    How true. Himmler himself provides a good example for this, as his manner of speaking and writing was particularly unelegant, awkward and at times almost unintentionally comical.

?

There is much to learn and, I'm afraid, much to abhor. The anti-semitism is present in the periodicals, especially from what I have seen in the earlier Uniformen-Markt.
    My grammar in the German language is atrocious at present, however, I'm working on it.
    Ss great coat m.36

?

The grammar was awful, however, the tailoring was quite good. The Nazi uniform still grabs at me, conveys an unsettling and commanding presence, as I suspect it was originally intended to.

Ss great coat m.36

Ss great coat m.36
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    There is much to learn and, I'm afraid, much to abhor. The anti-semitism is present in the periodicals, especially from what I have seen in the earlier Uniformen-Markt.
    My grammar in the German language is atrocious at present, however, I'm working on it.
    Ss great coat m.36
    The racial hatred in these sources is overwhelming, actually. The same bigotry and hate present in other facets of the regime's propaganda.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    How true. Himmler himself provides a good example for this, as his manner of speaking and writing was particularly unelegant, awkward and at times almost unintentionally comical.
    Well said, Andreas. Let no doubt adhere as to the repugnant and monstrous political goals that are embodied in all of this. The language bulked a kind of violence that is especially relevant to our own troubled time.

Our goal is knowledge about the disasters of the 20th century.

Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Deutsche Welle had a piece now about Trachten, i.e. traditional folk costume, and how haute couture is rediscovering something of tradition and the world of the peasant as it was on the brink of the industrial revolution. This trend arises
    from the globalization of Oktoberfest but also from the less peaceful movements in this, our century.

Tailoring for those in command communicated this power as well as virility and manliness and such. It was thus in the world of the estates prior to 1789, and it was especially so in the time of revolutionary war and Napoleon.

Today we are all made to look like the benighted in Lang's Metropolis, or in Soylent Green. Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36

Little done by Schickelgruber was unique, save for its scale and its eventual culmination in world war and genocide.

No one should think that the uniform trade was a little island of apolitical group love and cosmopolitan bliss. On the contrary, it was a fighting front in the racial war in urban settings, especially in such place as Berlin and Vienna.

I spend a lot of time editing texts in German and in English, and the lousy grammar of these puffed up RZM and SS documents is overwhelming.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-02-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Ss great coat m.36Andreas already knows this book, but others can well profit from its reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTI_%E...Tertii_Imperii
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-02-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast