Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this an SS greatcoat?

Article about: Hmm. I've asked for some better pictures; I'll ask for a picture of where the interior lining of the coat is stitched to the sleeve, and of the spot where the eagle used to be. Then hopefull

?

Default Re: Is this an SS greatcoat?

Hmm. I've asked for some better pictures; I'll ask for a picture of where the interior lining of the coat is stitched to the sleeve, and of the spot where the eagle used to be. Then hopefully we can see if it's a good deal or not. Thanks all!
    Robbie
    P.S. it was also stated in the description that the coat belonged to a "Dr Hiemser" and was dated November 1938.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an SS greatcoat?
    P
    Many

?

The lining

?

More pictures.

?

I'm considering saving up for it... It SEEMS alright to me, although the risks involved are large... anyone else have any thoughts?
    Robbie

ask for 800£ or 850£! =)

For what little it is worth, from the pictures, the shoulder boards are not sewn properly into the sleeve in the manner I would expect in a pre-1945 object.

Hi Robbie, the costs to restore this would be prohibitive. Can you afford £1500 to buy a good RZM pattern sleeve eagle?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Friedrich, it's definitely not worth little, as an owner of so much SS militaria your information's very important - thanks for the info. And Ade, no, I s'pose not. Okay, I'll give this one a miss. Thanks guys!
    Cheers,
    Robbie

Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?Is this an SS greatcoat?
    Quote by Steampunk View Post
    I'm considering saving up for it... It SEEMS alright to me, although the risks involved are large... anyone else have any thoughts?
    Robbie
    My advice: save your money and buy something of merit when one of the established collectors here sells something from their collection. Your life will be more pleasant. Otherwise, you are a total hostage to fortune.
    Also, do not start out with hinky grey SS stuff that is far too prone to be fake. Stick to more reasonable and failure proof objects. However, when it comes to SS, then failure is the norm. When I was but a wee pup in the age of Saurier and such, when gasoline cost 27 cents per gallon for high test and what not, and women's foundation garments made their fecundity look like an Atlas rocket, I was ravaged over and over again by sellers of frauds and had to learn the hard way.

Quote by Steampunk View Post
    Friedrich, it's definitely not worth little, as an owner of so much SS militaria your information's very important - thanks for the info. And Ade, no, I s'pose not. Okay, I'll give this one a miss. Thanks guys!
    Cheers,
    Robbie
    Write me a personal message and I will suggest something, but it is only my personal opinion and not my commercial interest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2