Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

Article about: Ok it arrived today! Got this one from same source as I got my SS cape,author of the SS uniforms,accoutrements etc. book Arthur Hayes and also appears in his book..This greatcoat is named to

Default Re: Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

The same type of SS coat OFFICERs WITH the ARMY STYLE back belt is on sale RIGHT NOW at the Collectors guild,and its a HOLTERS!!a grey one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss greatcoat fulda_werra
    P
    Many

Quote by wewelsburgss View Post
    The same type of SS coat OFFICERs WITH the ARMY STYLE back belt is on sale RIGHT NOW at the Collectors guild,and its a HOLTERS!!a grey one.
    As a tired, old SS collector, who has wasted his life and treasure on heaps of foetid woolens, I offer this to a young one: do yourself a favor, don't wear your heart on your sleeve, and do not expect consensus or acclamation from people whose only goal in life is to foment discord, doubt, and disorder. At one level, the piece of yours diverges from the norm, whatever that is, and secondly, the existence of the other Holters piece is a boon to you. I find this kind of debate so mind numbing and degrading of us all. The evidence is overwhelming that SS men wanted to imitate military styles and fashion. Himmler was always irritated by it; he went to silly lengths to stop it; the whole numb "scull" debate about Waffenfarbe on caps is the same....how boring. The primary sources indicate that the lack of attention to regulations was normal and the willful desire to do so was also so normal that often times the habits of such defiance were later included in the norms. Our world is much more totalitarian and Orwellian than that of tailors in 194x, of that I am sure. So do not let these people get to you. Collect for yourself.Ss greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werra
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-24-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Of course, the legions of doubters will assert that your coat from Hayes is a fake as is the one on the Whamond site, which is why we all should ignore these people and consign them to the dung heap. Their goal is simple: to scare others away from collecting, so that the handful of Miesmacher can feed on the foetid carcass of woolens themselves without competition. It is a pretty hateful trait, really.Ss greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werra
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-24-2011 at 12:47 AM.

A hint to the curious among you: five minutes of excited watching Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will on you tube reveals an insufficient amount of knowledge of the reality of Nazi society in order to collect high end, subtle and expensive SS foetid woolens.Ss greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werra

Here is an image of a regulation SS overcoat formerly of the Coleman collection by way of reference.
    However, the grey coat with the Fulda Werra insignia is perfectly fine.Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

There have now been pictures found on the WAF site of SS men in SAME coats as mine and CG,dark green collar and army type belt,HERE WORN BY BOTH OFFICER AND EM of the SS!!! it opened ANY doubters eyes!

Nick-
    The Internet allows those who know nothing the opportunity to act as though they do. A very nice piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Nick-
    The Internet allows those who know nothing the opportunity to act as though they do. A very nice piece.
    So very true and the cause of much heart ache and wasted time by innocent people.

Congratulations on the growth of your collection, colleague Wewelsburg.
    Thanks to Bob Coleman for the use of his images via the self same website.

The citation here from UM of 1940 is not a regulation, but merely an article on the advent of the field grey uniform in the SS. It is surely not the last word on the subject, and taken out of context, is not especially revealing as a regulation, but for the fact that the "new" grey uniform caused confusion just like everything else worn by the SS.Ss greatcoat fulda_werra
    One of our translators here should put pen to paper to make this article transparent, but it, too, reveals that the regulations were not always followed or understood. However, on the whacko site, with so many weak minded souls, this document is misinterpreted, which is so typical.

PS I think I included this before somewhere, but cannot recall. It is not the first time I have seen this. Mention in UM of the SS is quite rare, in fact.

Certain people react to uncertainty with an endless dogma and doctrine, which stifles thought and reflection.
    It is the result of Hogan's Heroes and Leni Riefenstahl gone horribly wrong.Ss greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werraSs greatcoat fulda_werra

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast