Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS grey peaked cap with runic interior

Article about: From a noted collector comes this exceptional cap, an officer's cap with the grey interior and the runes. Whether this an SSVT cap or not, or even an SSTV cap or not, I know not. It also has

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorThe rayon textile lining in the new cap is more or less identical to this other cap of mine, which is ca. 1938, but without a runic stamp on the lining. The cap in the box (i.e. from 1938, as indicated by the insignia...) was scarcely worn, whereas the one with the runics was worn heavily, but not worn out.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-12-2014 at 04:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    P
    Many

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorOthers of the enlisted variety.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorMr. d'Alquen furnished these images of LAH officers ca. 1935 with an early grey cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS grey peaked cap with runic interior  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS grey peaked cap with runic interior  SS grey peaked cap with runic interior 

?

Very nice period pics! Interesting to see that even at this early date some SS officers were already wearing Heer tunics. I suppose technically its really a Reischswehr tunic...

?

Thank you F-B for showing us these gray caps of an earlier era.
    Thanks to the owner of the first cap for sharing it and to Mr. d'alquen for his work as well.
    We have seen some nice items recently.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorThanks.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-13-2014 at 09:25 PM.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    Quote by Arran View Post
    Very nice period pics! Interesting to see that even at this early date some SS officers were already wearing Heer tunics. I suppose technically its really a Reischswehr tunic...
    This practice apparently caused irritation to Heini H. and also, as concerns the fashion in the LAH to wear the army cap eagle, sparked the creation of the so called 1936 cap eagle.

This cap from Paul S. appears to have an identical shape to the caps shown in Mr. d'Alquen's 1935 pictures of LAH officers in their new, grey clothes.

- - ------- - -

But I have no real idea in which year this cap was made....?

From the size of its cap cover, I infer however weakly that it is not a wartime made cap, but who knows...?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-14-2014 at 11:55 AM.

?

Of the three grey pre-war caps you have shown in this thread, I would roughly estimate their dates as follows:
    Gold runic interior with 1st pattern skull: 1935
    Grey runic interior with silvered insignia: 1936-37
    Grey unmarked interior with alu insignia: 1938

Quote by Arran View Post
    Of the three grey pre-war caps you have shown in this thread, I would roughly estimate their dates as follows:
    Gold runic interior with 1st pattern skull: 1935
    Grey runic interior with silvered insignia: 1936-37
    Grey unmarked interior with alu insignia: 1938
    Bravo.

The cap with the Hussar scull actually has an inventory tag which does or does not refer to a "35" price list number....

Thanks for all you have done for us all in many fine and pleasing ways.

Here the 1935 cap is contrasted in color to the 1938 cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-14-2014 at 06:43 AM.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorThe tag is similar to this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast