Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS grey peaked cap with runic interior

Article about: From a noted collector comes this exceptional cap, an officer's cap with the grey interior and the runes. Whether this an SSVT cap or not, or even an SSTV cap or not, I know not. It also has

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorHere is what I think is a wartime tag, and it seems to be dated, too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    P
    Many

In Austria, this kind of tag inside the cap as the article number to a price list is still used.

- - ------- - -

That is, there is no bar code read by a laser thingy......

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorIn this connection, somewhere in Nuremberg, or Wien, or Berlin is a woman of advanced age who was a shop assistant in one of these stores or who helped make such caps, and this person could decode these tags for us......

My search for the year of make and or use is probably berserk, but from an early date, indeed from around forty years ago, I secured my first SSVT item, which I still own; and in me arose a particular interest in the more or less pre September 1939 uniform.

- - ------- - -

Arran,
    Here is a better view of the tunic you were commenting on. It is almost certainly, as you say, the Old style Reichswehr tunic (Roecke aelterer Vorscrift) that featured the lower slash pockets and was replaced in 1936. A feature of these tunics appears to be the extended inner scallop on the breast pocket. The example worn by the LAH officer was obviously made from quite a lightweight material.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS grey peaked cap with runic interior  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In this connection, somewhere in Nuremberg, or Wien, or Berlin is a woman of advanced age who was a shop assistant in one of these stores or who helped make such caps, and this person could decode these tags for us......
    I believe I know her - She is 88 years of age now . . . was once a young girl, living in Bremen . . . the daughter of a well-to-do Naval Officer . . . worked in a storefront that supplied Naval troops with clothing . . . was a top student in her local BDM organization . . . offered an opportunity to attend an elite school for girls . . . as head of her BDM troop, once presented Hitler with flowers . . . was eventually sent to live in Dresden - and survived . . . when conflict came to an end, felt fortunate to be moved to Tehran . . . befriended the Shah . . . married an Estonian . . . immigrated to New York City . . . relocated to Texas . . . and eventually ended up being my neighbor. She has been desperately trying to teach me Sütterlinschrift, and how to make Ghormeh sabzi - to no avail . . . and to this day, I still treasure a fine Turkish coffee, and her wonderful stories on a Sunday afternoon.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorThanks to all who have added something here.

There are riddles in enigmas with all of this.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-15-2014 at 03:21 PM.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorFurther data....courtesy of our Mr. JHAM, and to be found in Vol. III of Mollo

I don't find any problem.Of course they are more common in NCO version but i seen also in officier versione maybe a couple of time and not in hand. By the way when a cap shows all the good features like this i don't care. It's really an SS early or late VT beauy

Thank you. I did not doubt its authenticity at all. It comes from a leading collector.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast