Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Gruppenfuehrer Schaub jacket

Article about: This is the Schaub's jacket found in Hitler's bunker, has been a bit fire damaged

Default Re: SS Gruppenfuehrer Schaub jacket

I am back and have access to my files again. Here is the image of Schaub I was thinking of iwearing his evening dress. Now I see the picture again I am surprised to see he wears no cuff bands at all; I could have sworn otherwise. Anyway, it is an interesting picture and shows the dress trousers off very well. For those interested it is a Hugo Jaeger picture and is, I believe, undated. I would guess 1939.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Gruppenfuehrer Schaub jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gruppenfuehrer Schaub jacket
    P
    Many

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I am back and have access to my files again. Here is the image of Schaub I was thinking of iwearing his evening dress. Now I see the picture again I am surprised to see he wears no cuff bands at all; I could have sworn otherwise. Anyway, it is an interesting picture and shows the dress trousers off very well. For those interested it is a Hugo Jaeger picture and is, I believe, undated. I would guess 1939.
    D

Thank you colleague. This was the Jaeger image to which I referred, however devoid of eloquence. So, the Soviets tarted up the garment they found. Schaub did indeed have an apartment in the Radziwil Palace/Old Reichskanzlei. These lange Hose needed fifteen meters of Lampassen, which is quite a bit, you will warrant. This series of Jaeger images shows several figures in the SS grosser Gesellschaftanzug, in fact. You can find them either on the Timepix site or in the Arndt volume on Muenchen, die Hauptstadt der Bewegung.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Here is another picture that shows Schaub wearing evening dress. The event is May of 1938. According to the Holter's label, a brief two months after the jacket was made.
    D.

Thanks for this image and your wonderful resources. We are grateful you have joined us here. Schaub and his gala monkey coat went separate ways in 1945. He died in Muenchen in 1967. Does anyone have further details of his fate after 1945?

Our colleague Coleman has material from Emile Maurice, of course. He and Schaub were present at the creation, as it were.

Further to your comment about the trouser piping, I thought you might be interested in these two illustrations from the official RZM publication for the SS Evening Dress.
    D.

Thanks so much for these further wonderful images. We are grateful for your diligence as a researcher.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Does anyone have further details of his fate after 1945?
    At the end of the war, Schaub was arrested by the American Army near Berchtesgaden, and was interned until 1949. During this time, he was investigated for war crimes, but was never taken to trail since he never actually participated in any war crimes, and eventually he was released. After his release, he operated a pharmacy in Munich, until his death in 1967.

He is buried at the Ostfriedhof in München.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Gruppenfuehrer Schaub jacket 

Dear Colleague, thank you. Very interesting additional data. I suppose he was a trained Apotheker. Greetings to Sweden.

Postscriptum: I looked on the Historisches Lexikon Bayern website, where your data is confirmed with him having been a "Drogist." I wonder if he gave presciptions for the ill effects of denazification. Of course, into the 1960s, these people were all very much still in Munich insofar as they had survived.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3