Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Handschar tunic

Article about: Hello all, can you help me about this one ? all ok? many thanks...

Default Re: SS Handschar tunic

Not sure what you mean in the previous post. This tunic is a standard NCO fatigue tunic in herringbone drill material with SS badges added for the Handschar Division.
    The tunic is not special to this unit, it was worn by all Wehrmacht personnel as a "work tunic" and also as a summer tunic in lieu of the standard wool variety.
    Originally, regulations stated that it was not worn with an eagle on the chest although this regulation was often disregarded and NCO's etc often had pockets added to the chest and pocket flaps added to the lower pockets.
    At the time Handschar was being formed the SS M-43 dot pattern tunic was being introduced in place of the drill tunic but as with all things German, issue kit was not always available and older varieties were utilized as replacements.They were still in being worn in 1944 (Normandy)
    As per my previous post, if it is not too expensive and you would be happy to have it even if the insignia was added post war then you should buy it.
    It is not an SS issue drill tunic pattern but after about 1941, this would have been issued to both SS and Wehrmacht troops.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Handschar tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Handschar tunic

Many thanks Bochmann,

your explication is very clean....I am very happy with this great historical answer...

thanks again
    Sebastien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2