Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS headwear day dreams, Nuremberg 1934.

Article about: SS men and their cast off woolens, likely in 1934. Credit: Soldier's Museum website.

Credit here is due to this website, which has nicely published this SS photo album of special interest to a collector of early SS black regalia.

Soldier's Museum - WW2 Image Gallery

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS headwear day dreams, Nuremberg 1934.
    P
    Many

In viewing magazines of Beauty..ones eyes tend to look for the prize of their desire. In this photo ..and the forum is on..it is the Uniform and cap....for the flag collector..it is the carrying rings attached to the flag pole...my eyes went to the centerfold of "my heart" and went to the SS dagger in vertical carry position..but oddly the grip retaining loop is on the lower part of the grip.

Ahh these voyeur images that peak our inner most parts...little subtleties we find arousing. Thankyou FB for a educational photo..there is more to see in there than just the color black Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

SS headwear day dreams, Nuremberg 1934.This unit is or is not the Sta. 82 from Bielefeld.

82.SS-Standarte

Aufstellungsdatum: 15.12.1933
    Sitz: Bielefeld ----------------------------------------------- (Quelle: DV-DWA-23/07)

a) Ereignisse :

00.00.1938 -- SS-Sportfest in Herford (Jahn-Kampfbahn): Sportliche Frühjahrswettkämpfe zwischen dem I. und II. Sturmbann der 82.Standarte --- (Quelle: (1)

Stärkemeldungen:
    31.01.1938 -- Stärkemeldung SS: 1563 ---------------------------------------------------------------- (Quelle: DU-STJB-38)
    30.06.1938 -- Stärkemeldung SS: 1578 ---------------------------------------------------------------- (Quelle: DU-STJB-38)
    31.12.1938 -- Stärkemeldung SS: 1606 ---------------------------------------------------------------- (Quelle: DU-STJB-38)
    31.12.1943 -- Stärkemeldung SS: 1501 ---------------------------------------------------------------- (Quelle: DU-SSST12-43)

(Quelle:
    (----- (1): Begleitmaterial zur Ausstellung "Herford gehört(e) dem Führer" - Herford 2013)

b) Gliederung :

Stürme---------Standort------------------------Sturmführer (Zeitraum)

(Angaben soweit bekannt, werden weiter vervollständigt)

I.Sturmbann :
    1/82 --
    2/82 --
    3/82 --
    4/82 --

II.Sturmbann :
    5/82 ------------------------------------------------ Dr. Markgraf, Philipp
    6/82 --
    7/82 --
    8/82 -------------- Pforzheim

III.Sturmbann :
    09/82 --
    10/82 --
    11/82 --
    12/82 --

(Quelle: diverse Archive, wenn nicht gesondert angegeben)

c) Stellenbesetzung :

Führer:

Buchs, Alfred; Untersturmführer ------------------------ F. 82 ------------ 00.00.1933-07.05.1934
    Mattke, Helmut; Obersturmbannführer ---------------- F. 82 ------------ 07.05.1934-00.02.1935
    Druschel, Oskar; Hauptsturmführer -------------------- F. 82 ------------ 00.02.1935-30.06.1935
    Pelz, Horst; Standartenführer ----------------------------- F. 82 ------------ 30.06.1935-00.04.1936
    Thiele, Wilhelm; Obersturmbannführer ---------------- F. 82 ------------ 00.04.1936-14.08.1941
    Thiele, Wilhelm; Standartenführer ----------------------- F. 82 ------------ 00.04.1936-14.08.1941
    Schröder, Karl; Sturmbannführer ------------------------- F. 82 ------------ 14.08.1941-00.00.1944

(Quelle: DWA)

SS-Führer zur Verfügung
    DAL
    1935 Weiß, Theodor, Untersturmführer ----------------------------------- z.V. 82.Sta.

I.Sturmbann (1.-4.Sturm)
    DAL
    1934 Nagorny, Otto; Hauptscharführer ------------------------------------------ F. I./82
    1935 Nagorny, Otto; Untersturmführer ------------------------------------------ F. I./82
    1936 Rohmann, Karl; Hauptsturmführer --------------------------------------- F. I./82
    1937 Rohmann, Karl; Hauptsturmführer --------------------------------------- F. I./82
    1938 Rohmann, Karl; Sturmbannführer ---------------------------------------- F. I./82

II.Sturmbann (5.-8.Sturm)
    DAL
    1934 Buchs, Alfred; Obersturmführer ------------------------------------------ F. II./82
    1935 Rohmann, Karl; Untersturmführer --------------------------------------- F. II./82
    1936 Schatzmayr, Otto; Sturmbannführer ------------------------------------- F. II./82
    1937 Schatzmayr, Otto; Obersturmbannführer ------------------------------- F. II./82
    1938 Mindermann, Hubert; Hauptsturmführer ------------------------------- F. II./82

III.Sturmbann (9.-12.Sturm)

Great posts FB I surely appreciate them you have made a lifetime study out of these men and their prewar uniforms. timothy

SS headwear day dreams, Nuremberg 1934. Bielefeld would fit to this auto license plate for Westfalen.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Lager Romantik has its own poetry.
    Po-esie indeed.

Little did the happy campers manning the Donnerbalken know that their posteriors would be preserved for posterity on the future's world wide web, posted for the population of all the world to admire and applaud...

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Po-esie indeed.

Little did the happy campers manning the Donnerbalken know that their posteriors would be preserved for posterity on the future's world wide web, posted for the population of all the world to admire and applaud...
    Bravo.

So much for the oft told rumor that SS canteen cups were always painted black!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS men and their cast off woolens, likely in 1934.
    A great primary source that highlights the absurdity of the modern day collector insistence on the "mint" or "minty" or else super vacuum sealed peppermint, etc. and also of the tiresome litanies against restoration.

Some nice photographs.
    Post 8 left photo: the guy at left is wearing a very short topped visored cap.
    In some ways it looks a bit a Krätzchen with a visor (see enlargement).

82 is obvious!

Further post 13 is interesting, due to the shield with wording Biwakführung.

There were quite strict orders for bivouacs, arranged in the Biwakbefehl and
    Biwak-Ordnung. With the largest bivouacs there was an appointed commander,
    which was an SS-Oberabschnittführer. To him was appointed a doctor. The
    commander was responsible for bivouac life, guarding (Biwakwache) etc.

Interesting were:
    Führer vom Truppendienst (a white armband with indication Truppendienst);
    Führer vm Zeltdienst (yellow armband with indication Zeltdienst);
    Führer vom Wasserdienst (blue armband with indication Wasserdienst).
    All their duties were settled and arranged in in-depth orders en explanations.

I thought I would mention this for those interested. Note there were differences for
    the larger bivouacs as for Party Days or local/areal bivouacs !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast