Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Helferinnen

Article about: When I first started collecting TR, I was told by a local dealer that genuine SS (and AfrikaKorps) stuff was as "rare as hen's teeth"... Not sure I believe that now, but following

Hopefully you will find this entry from the Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungsanordnungen Number 11 from 1943 of some help in your investigation into these uniforms. This branch is a bit outside my area of study and I believe there was some further information but I only have the uniform list to hand at this point in time. I'll have a look through the publications and see if I can locate the article I remember seeing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Helferinnen   SS-Helferinnen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Helferinnen
    P
    Many

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Hopefully you will find this entry from the Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungsanordnungen Number 11 from 1943 of some help in your investigation into these uniforms.
    Many thanks as always for the additional period documentation.

For the benefit of the non-German speaking members, here's a translation:

"72. Investiture of the female SS auxiliaries (Order of the Reichsführer SS of 14th August 1943).

Regarding the
    Reichsführer SS' order regulating the titles held by the female auxiliaries employed by the SS dated 14th August 1943, the following implementary regulations on their investiture are being issued:

I. Entitlement to provision of clothing.

Starting 1st November 1943, uniform clothing is issued to:

a) The female SS auxiliaries (including permanent personnel and trainees of the
    Reichsschule-SS at Oberehnheim in the Alsace)

b) the female SS war auxiliaries (women and girls of national German citizenship deployed for active duty in the east)
    provided they are to be actively serving in the areas specified in section II or are already serving there and whose physical state, moral attitude etc. are suitable for uniformed personnel .

The investiture provides for:

a) service clothing for the areas specified in section II and
    b) protective service clothing for the female SS auxiliaries employed within the boundaries of the
    Reich.

II. Service clothing.

1. Service clothing is to be issued to:

a) All female auxiliaries (female SS auxiliaries and war auxiliaries) in the occupied eastern territories to include Northern Norway and Finland
    b) Only the female SS auxiliaries in all other areas outside the boundaries of the
    Reich (excluding the areas where a uniform ban also exists for armed forces personnel) as well as in the Generalgouvernement and the Bialystok district.
    c) Permanent personnel and trainees of the
    Reichsschule-SS at Oberehnheim in the Alsace.

2. Service clothing consists of:

a) normal clothing
    b) winter clothing
    c) additional winter gear for active service in the east (eastern territories including Northern Norway).

3. The 'authorized allowance for the service clothing of the female SS auxiliaries of the
    Waffen-SS' consists of*):

a) normal clothing

1 suit tunic (worsted suit material)
    2 suits skirt
    1 winter coat
    1 rain cape with hood
    2 service smocks (work coats)
    1 cap, black
    3 service blouses with full-length sleeves
    1 service blouse with half-length sleeves
    3 pairs of stockings
    1 woolen sweater
    2 pairs of lace-up low shoes with half-high heels; if deployed to the eastern territories 1 pair of heavy shoes instead of 1 pair of lace-up low shoes
    1 pair of galoshes, black, rubber
    1 service bag, black

b) winter clothing

1 cap with ear protectors
    1 woollen scarf
    2 pairs of woollen stockings
    2 pairs of woollen socks
    2 tricot shirts
    2 pairs of woollen knickers
    1 pair of full-fingered gloves

c) Additional winter gear for the eastern territories including Northern Norway.

1 fur vest
    1 pair of ski trousers
    1 pair of mittens
    As well as additional winter clothing as issued to soldiers, if necessary.
    Issue of winter clothing is only undertaken on special application."

*) I have omitted the stock numbers (first column in the period document) and the wearing times in months (last column in the period document) from the translation.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-03-2015 at 06:03 AM.

?

Thank you for the great generosity of d'alquen for making available the original document and to HPL2008 for providing a translation. I suspect that there is little available in English on this subject and believe that you do us a great service.

If there any other references about SS-Helferinnen (esp. in English) I'd be very interested to have them.

Regards, Philip

Well , for those who read German , there is " das SS-Helferinnenkorps " , by Jutta Mühlenberg .

It can be found on Google books >> https://books.google.nl/books?id=dqc...e%20ss&f=false
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Helferinnen  

And for those who don't , chapters of " Hitler's children " by Gerhard Rempel

>> https://books.google.nl/books?id=5U5...e%20ss&f=false

2 more ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Helferinnen  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Helferinnen 

Wow, what an awesome post, ty.

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    Wow, what an awesome post, ty.
    I agree wholeheartedly... a relatively obscure subject and our contributors have provided enough background and research from primary sources to make any collector's or historian's ears prick up.

Of the many groups of Dachau insignia I have had, only one group had a helfrin badge. These were evidently made there but were available in only a small amount.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Of the many groups of Dachau insignia I have had, only one group had a helfrin badge. These were evidently made there but were available in only a small amount.
    Thank you for sharing your well respected knowledge with us Mr. Coleman. We are very happy to see you posting. I wish you good health and curse those who trouble you. This thread is a good example of the remarkable insight the collaboration this sites members can bring. Thanks to them. HPL2008, d'alquen, F-B, Mr. Coleman, Ade, Wim, these men have given much and their word is trustworthy which is the major difference between them and many other posters. Best wishes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast