MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS helmet camo cover

Article about: hello guys, i would like to post a few photos of this camo cover i have, im not into SS stuff but i picked it up in a lot of items that had other original stuff if you could share your opini

Default SS helmet camo cover

hello guys,

i would like to post a few photos of this camo cover i have, im not into SS stuff but i picked it up in a lot of items that had other original stuff if you could share your opinions id appreciate that

regards, Les
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet camo cover   SS helmet camo cover  

SS helmet camo cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet camo cover
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS helmet camo cover

These camo covers are extremely rare and would command a very high price, there are numerous fakes being sold and some are very good, having said that the one shown does display some of the points of an original but i think numerous photos of all points, ie stitching , spring clips, and springs, the underside of the front peak and any possible markings, a majority of originals had an arabic numeral printed on the side above one of the spring clips, i do not see this on yours however i think DougB or Frank may comment on this with more certainty as to originality or repro, if real you have a very desirable and high value item

?

This is a reproduction helmet cover. Wrong clips, not even cut from zelt material.

Clips are wrong, springs mounted wrong. Thread looks like modern poly blend.

?

The thread stitching was one of the points that worried me as you can see that it was originally a white thread under the cloth where it has pulled tight, but as to the springs and mounts i wasnt sure, i was however under the impression that the cloth was predominantly a heavy cloth twill which this appears to be, but i bow to the more experienced with regards to these