Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ss helmet review

Article about: Okay guys I'm listing this is in hopes of finding out if this piece is legitimate. Seller list it as an SS M40 helmet for 800. Anything you guys see that raises a res flag?

Default Ss helmet review

Okay guys I'm listing this is in hopes of finding out if this piece is legitimate. Seller list it as an SS M40 helmet for 800. Anything you guys see that raises a res flag?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet review   Ss helmet review  

Ss helmet review   Ss helmet review  

Ss helmet review   Ss helmet review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet review
    P
    Many

I m thinking reconditioned semi relic helmet with replaced liner. And fake aged decal and paint. Nothing is consistent with it's appearance the replacement liner doesn't match the paint/decal etc. Best regards.

Brian

Brian is right, this one is bad to the bone.

These may be the poorest pictures in regards to selling a helmet I have ever seen. Nothing to do with you Chuck, you are the possible buyer. But just by the poor quality in detail, out of focus...glaring flash on the most important feature of the helmet, the decal, would tell me something is "suspect"

The two prior posters are correct. Not anything good to say about this one

guys thank you all so much for the useful information. I had a gut feeling about this one but was not sure. I thought that the decal looked a little funny and just seeing the rust pitting everywhere on and under paint looked a bit odd. I figured it would be best to have a second or third set of eyes look at it. I will be sure to stay far away from this seller

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    guys thank you all so much for the useful information. I had a gut feeling about this one but was not sure. I thought that the decal looked a little funny and just seeing the rust pitting everywhere on and under paint looked a bit odd. I figured it would be best to have a second or third set of eyes look at it. I will be sure to stay far away from this seller
    You made the smart, responsible move showing it here. Always best to get at least three opinions or more before buying any item of militaria. I would like very much to contact this seller/dealer & ask him about this helmet. His description does say "Original German SS Helmet". Is this from a dealer website or something similar to Ebay ?

If you care to discuss...you can PM me.

Hi Chuck, well a red flag is well and truly raised as that decal is not even close to any known example. Pocher in a very loose style, but really a one look duffer, some of it even looks hand painted. That would be possible on a very early SS transitional, but not this lid unless it were captured vet art. Leon.