Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Honor ring

Article about: This are all pictures i have!

Default Re: SS Honor ring

The Death Head is also a little off, there looks there is a seam on the top of it, this never could happen, as they was all ways polished, and buffed to perfection.

They would never leave such low quality on these rings.

here is a pic of what i mean, and ask the guy to send you a pic of the side of the ring, behind the Death Head, if he has nothing to hide, the he would have no problems in doing this, as most people know there should be a seam there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor ring   SS Honor ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor ring
    P
    Many

Plus the Death head face is too square, and not rounded as it should be, here are some pics of what i mean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor ring   SS Honor ring  

SS Honor ring  

Vujic
    ?

My frend, you are mixing late ( 1940 ) honor rings with early ( 1934 - 1939 ) honor rings and early ones acualy did have more square death head, so nothing wrong there, only thing that buders me is the material ( it yust dasent have that silwer look ) but otherwise its realy amasing, if its a fake than its cast from original one and the fakers casted the skull seperate and afterwards atached to the band, the same proces seen on original honor rings, so why all that trouble and than use so poor quality silwer, that is my problem with this particular ring!

Jan
    ?

Interesting discussion here. One question arises, are deaths head rings in general a bit overrated. Not talking about the H.H rings of course. ots of fakes out there due to this!

Rgds Jan

?

There are now Super Fakes out there, Don Boyle is the man to contact for absolute confirmation about Honour Rings...

?

I don´t know nothing about these rings, but to me it seems that those rings are very easy to fake. Get real and very nice speciment. Grind carefullu ( Fill engravings first) engravins from inside off. Make rubber mould. Make wax models. Cast with appropriate quality silver. Now you got exact copy from the original. If you use ex. lost wax casting it should be perfect. Saw with very thin blade a groove all the way to the skull. Put little not so good quality solder to the groove and heat it. Finish the ring carefully. Engrave it (I think thats the hard part, but not too hard) Put it in to hot potassium polysulfide to make it black. Cover inside of the ring. Put it in the tumble with appropriate engriediens. Sand, little stones, steel balls, anything that make it look proper quality mint - relic. Tumble as long as needed, example 2 hrs - western front, 4 hrs - eastern front. And voilà the ring is ready. Of course you can change some little details with file or engraver aswell graind and polish along the process .

Maybe everybody knew all this allready, but this very interesting conversation made me think this process. I think maybe the only reliable way to identify fakes is the engraving, rings history and intuition.
    Last edited by Kala; 03-19-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Vujic
    ?

Belive me, many have trayed to make a perfect fake honor ring and all fayled badly and thats becourse this rings ( i am tooking abouth SS Totenkopf Honor rings ) have so many little secrets known only to a few god man ( Don Boyle, Papera, Military nuts, ) and the silwer from which they were made is also mixed and formula long lost, so if you belive you coud make one please truy it!

There is only one company i know of that makes them as originals were made, same silver content,same way down to the smallest of details, but to keep people honest , they make small subtile changes that any expert would be able to see.

I have a couple they made before they make the changes to them, they could pass for originals, but i would never sell them that way, as these only cost me a small fraction of what originals are worth today, that i picked up years ago, while stationed in Germany.

I got to know the daughter of a lady that was the personal live in house keeper of a major party member, and i was able to buy some items from her, and the ring with box was one of them.

?

Quote by Vujic View Post
    Belive me, many have trayed to make a perfect fake honor ring and all fayled badly and thats becourse this rings ( i am tooking abouth SS Totenkopf Honor rings ) have so many little secrets known only to a few god man ( Don Boyle, Papera, Military nuts, ) and the silwer from which they were made is also mixed and formula long lost, so if you belive you coud make one please truy it!
    You are an expert and I believe what you say, but as an total diletant in this matter, I still wonder what can be so special in silver ring that could not be copied 100%. Well, that´s why I am diletant and better not make oneself more ridiculous than nessecery by trying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2