Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Ideology, a new scholarly book.

Article about: a new work, likely to be the final word on the subject for awhile.

Default SS Ideology, a new scholarly book.

a new work, likely to be the final word on the subject for awhile.

Sorry to be akimbo, but this computer has odd traits.....
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-04-2014 at 11:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ideology, a new scholarly book.
    P
    Many

The book looks terrific and of singular merit. So much fine research today about the SS is at hand....

Is it, or will it be, available in English?

Thanks for pointing out this publication; I just ordered my copy.

?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Is it, or will it be, available in English?
    Sadly, I doubt that it would be economically viable for the publishers to translate this book into English, which seems to be the case with many of the best modern books on this subject. One exception is Professor Peter Longerich's biography of H. Himmler, which I feel is perhaps the best single volume on the SS available in English (Heinrich Himmler: Peter Longerich: 9780199651740: Amazon.com: Books). If you haven't already read this, I'd highly recommend it.

Regards, Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Sadly, I doubt that it would be economically viable for the publishers to translate this book into English, which seems to be the case with many of the best modern books on this subject. One exception is Professor Peter Longerich's biography of H. Himmler, which I feel is perhaps the best single volume on the SS available in English (Heinrich Himmler: Peter Longerich: 9780199651740: Amazon.com: Books). If you haven't already read this, I'd highly recommend it.

Regards, Philip
    That's unfortunate. Thanks for the suggestion. I have read Peter Padfield's biography which was just OK. Cheers.

Image Untraited and fixed
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Since I am a "soon to be" professional historian I find this very interesting, as HC Harten as far as I am aware, is not a historian. But, I could be mistaking him for another HC Harten, although I guess it is not the case. As the book is fairly new, has it been peer reviewed yet? And if the answer is "yes", are you aware of where it is to be found?

It is definitely a book I would take a look at, at some point. Time to brush off my German skills.

I only photographed the dust jacket in a leading book store in Vienna for your amusement here. The publisher has an outstanding scholarly reputation and this work looks like a dissertation or a Habilitation
    of some young scholar. I do not know if his work has appeared in English. I am a professional historian, too, and know some of the persons involved in the peer review of such work. I do peer review for
    professional historians, as well as others in defense and war studies.

- - ------- - -

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks for pointing out this publication; I just ordered my copy.
    Thanks for your thanks. I thought of you when I saw it just now.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-13-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast