Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Article about: IMO this hat that arrived today is a good one. However, I'd like your opinions as well. I will post more details later today but here are a few photos I took quickly earlier today. Best, And

Default Re: SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Anders, nice visor find! Gratualtions on this one with a very nice saddle shape.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...
    P
    Many

Quote by Robert H View Post
    Anders, nice visor find! Gratualtions on this one with a very nice saddle shape.
    Vielen Danke, Robert! I appreciate it!

Very nice, I gratulate

billbert
    ?

I believe the guy was telling the truth about a direct vet purchase..GI s oftened removed added items to their war trophies..the other visor he has for sale is this caps twin brother inside .. since both exhibit interior wear MAYBE both caps came from the same OFFICER or SHOP.. the other cap has two eagle..police eagle in proper spot and political eagle above put on post war by GI .. Even the worst dealer comes up with a rose once in a while.. hats off to anders for nabbing it first!! Billbert

Quote by Anders S View Post
    I honestly don't know, I have only seen grey caps in hand. However, I'm certain that I will see black caps in hand in the future too.
    And I believe you when you say they're made of better material and craftsmanship.
    Two examples of my theory: But such pertains to the matter of worksmanship and quality of materials. The Sonderanfertigung style of cap was apparently dropped at the end of the 1930s for officers, while retained for enlisted ranks for a reason that evades analysis by us mortals. The Muetzendeckel in these examples was of higher quality than the 08/15 Strichtrikot used in the war time caps, as well. Such makes perfect sense, granted the rigors of the wartime economy and the manner in which SS at arms production was out-sourced or "in-sourced" to the SS owned production with slave labor. These caps were also lined in real silk, at least in the early types I have seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...   SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?... 

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Yippee! I knew it was a good one. Just one crazy mother of a seller.

Well done my friend, I'm very pleased for you but also a bit sad for myself now.
    Ben, don't feel too bad, I passed on it too, simply because of the bad pics (which raised the possibility that it was an Admin Police visor).

Anders, you got the deal of the year--that hat is 100% dead on!

Quote by billbert View Post
    Even the worst dealer comes up with a rose once in a while.. hats off to anders for nabbing it first!! Billbert
    Thank you Billbert, for once I was very lucky!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Two examples of my theory: But such pertains to the matter of worksmanship and quality of materials. The Sonderanfertigung style of cap was apparently dropped at the end of the 1930s for officers, while retained for enlisted ranks for a reason that evades analysis by us mortals. The Muetzendeckel in these examples was of higher quality than the 08/15 Strichtrikot used in the war time caps, as well. Such makes perfect sense, granted the rigors of the wartime economy and the manner in which SS at arms production was out-sourced or "in-sourced" to the SS owned production with slave labor. These caps were also lined in real silk, at least in the early types I have seen.
    I'm really looking forward to see some of these IRL.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Anders, you got the deal of the year--that hat is 100% dead on!
    Stonemint, thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Thank you very much, Milan!

I was very lucky to grab this before anyone else

Quote by milan12 View Post
    Very nice, I gratulate

Quote by billbert View Post
    I believe the guy was telling the truth about a direct vet purchase..GI s oftened removed added items to their war trophies..the other visor he has for sale is this caps twin brother inside .. since both exhibit interior wear MAYBE both caps came from the same OFFICER or SHOP.. the other cap has two eagle..police eagle in proper spot and political eagle above put on post war by GI .. Even the worst dealer comes up with a rose once in a while.. hats off to anders for nabbing it first!! Billbert
    I also believe in the GI story, and maybe the other visor for sale is from the same shop, as you say, their interior are the same. However, I don't think they belonged to the same man. This is (I believe) a size 57. The other hat is a size 55. My hat is definitely larger.

Wow Anders,

What a great visor and story.
    You took the risk of getting burned and you got lucky.
    Imho every collector deserves a bit of luck every now and then.
    But at least once in his collecting time

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast