Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS insignia, new arrival

Article about: I just get some of the SS insignia, here is nice Galizien and Nordland tabs, and two of the cufftitles: nice SS Polizei BeVo and Horst Wessel. I have never learned that kind of cuff titles t

?

Default Re: SS insignia, new arrival

dachau I'm pretty sure was an "SS-BW" per the ink stamp seen on many unissued, late-war tunic linings; that is, "Bekleidungs-Werke," meaning literally "ss clothing manufacturer."

there are fotos made by the ss at dachau of camp inmates sitting at sewing machines apparently making insignia or working on uniform items like fur lined w-ss clothing for the russian front.

others like resident scholar f-b can better say if BW dachau was more a distribution or a manufacturing center.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, I believe it was a distribution centre. As to if some insignia was made there, I don't know. Some, like the cuff titles, were certainly not.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS insignia, new arrival
    P
    Many

Hi Vady, sorry, I think we are talking at crossed purposes here.? I was refering solely to the insignia issue. I should have been clearer in my original post. Yes, I am sure clothing was made up at the camp. I am just unsure as to if insignia was made there?

Cheers, Ade.

?

unclear to me as well, ade.

boring personal note: I'm one o'those benefitting early on from a dachau hoarder. back in the mid- '60s, it were; traded a fellow schoolboy out of a manila folder's worth of insignias his dad had brought back.

that the stuff's still turning up in pretty good numbers is instructive, in't? I mean what hasn't been chucked by puzzled wives, g'friends, daughters and the like.... :--- /

lately I lucked onto a few more "estate sale" pieces for the first time since - but the tariff was FAR greater lemme tell ya!

good hunting,

d

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Vady, sorry, I think we are talking at crossed purposes here.? I was refering solely to the insignia issue. I should have been clearer in my original post. Yes, I am sure clothing was made up at the camp. I am just unsure as to if insignia was made there?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2