Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS insignia from the Ostmark

Article about: by d'alquen I believe the men in post #38 are at the SS camp for Austrian refugees at Waischenfeld . The H.W.L. Schleissheim buldings in the Uebungslager Dachau are quite different. I agree

Default SS insignia from the Ostmark

These images appeared on the ding dong website. Thanks to those persons there who actually have real material and are inclined to share it.

Theese items are of the Oberabschnitt in the west of Austria and the collar patch worn by same, as well as certain Standarten, including those in Upper Austria. SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the Ostmark
    I post these items because they strike me as authentic and rare, and I have a special interest in the SS in Austria, as I know others do here, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS insignia from the Ostmark
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS insignia from the Ostmark

SS insignia from the OstmarkHere they are worn.

I have been trying to buy a black uniform with the Edelweiss and the SS Sammelstelle cuff title since 1999 with no luck. I owned the SA uniform of the SS man's father, which is now the property of my friend Bob Coleman. Our colleague d'Alquen had to explain to the persons on the other site the SS Stammabteilung versus the SS Sammelstelle.
    The book I included earlier on the beginnings of the Wiener SS has a great deal of highly informative material on the SS Sammelstelle.

I guess the beginner can be forgiven by being confused by all of this, which is hardly self evident without some intensive study.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-28-2012 at 03:09 AM.

SS insignia from the OstmarkThe person in question was an illegal NSDAP member imprisoned in Woellersdorf, the Dolfuss concentration camp in the era 1933-1938.

?

Thank you FB for bringing these pieces to our attention. Please allow me to add a few photos found on a german forum. Illeg. SS in Österreich, Edelweiß - super Konvolut - Militaria Fundforum

SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkThank you, friend, for the fine pictures. Are the two bottom pictures with earlier badges on the cap, a blank collar patch and no cuff titles of Austrian SS men in Germany after 1933 or 1934?

?

Thanks for posting guys , more learning from some great original examples and photos !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Thanks for posting guys , more learning from some great original examples and photos !!
    This activity forms our rationale for the work here.

SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkThe work of this historian in Vienna speaks to all of this.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-28-2012 at 04:04 AM.

?

Let me add these interesting pictures from the same page I cited above.
    Last edited by jHAM; 12-28-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast