Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS insignia from the Ostmark

Article about: by d'alquen I believe the men in post #38 are at the SS camp for Austrian refugees at Waischenfeld . The H.W.L. Schleissheim buldings in the Uebungslager Dachau are quite different. I agree

Default Re: SS insignia from the Ostmark

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I believe the men in post #38 are at the SS camp for Austrian refugees at Waischenfeld . The H.W.L. Schleissheim buldings in the Uebungslager Dachau are quite different.
    I agree with silvercreek in that all the early shots of Austrian SS men I have seen show a blank collar patch.
    d'Alquen
    Thank you. The Wiener SS book gives an extensive account of these Austrian SS men in the Altreich. The chapter makes for very compelling reading.
    The town-garrison problems were pretty severe.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-02-2013 at 12:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS insignia from the Ostmark
    P
    Many

Looking through a few documents relating to the Austrian contingent I found that according to the 1937 Allgemeine-SS insignia regulations, men and leaders of the H.W.L. Schliessheim wore a blank collar tab. This would fit would the organisation being under the auspices of the SS main Office. It appears that the cuff title was introduced at the end of 1935.
    d'Alquen

SS insignia from the OstmarkThank you for all your kind aid with this and other issues.

Here is an SS Hauptamt blank collar patch, such as it is....

This is the only photograph I have been able to find of the H.W.L Schliessheim title in wear. Interestingly by the time of this picture, October 1936, the Arabic 'SS' appears to have been replaced by the runic version. The occasion was a party march past for Gauleiter Wagner in Munich.
    d'Alquen
    (Source: Munich press files)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS insignia from the Ostmark  

Thank you. Very interesting image.

still look out for such cuffbands ...

SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkThank you, Robert. The extract from the Allgemeine SS book is useful. These Austrian SS men were more like Hartz IV recipients than iron eating warriors, plainly, and many of them had a pretty dodgy social background at that, and would, by today's standards, be regarded as violent criminals and likely terrorists.

?

Ive been reviewing the book "Wie die Ostmark" and thought I would share some of the interesting photos. I hope you will enjoy them.
    ]SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the Ostmark[

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Ive been reviewing the book "Wie die Ostmark" and thought I would share some of the interesting photos. I hope you will enjoy them.
    ]SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the Ostmark[
    Bravo. thanks.

SS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkSS insignia from the OstmarkWhen I was in Vienna in November, I bought a series of novels by an Austrian Nazi, one which (enclosure) is a heroic rendering of the July 1934 Putsch of Holzweber and Planetta, the murderers of Engelbert Dollfuss.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast