Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Insignia real or bogus?

Article about: Hi all, i was shown these items just now, and offered to buy them if they are real. The owner is a lady whoms grandfather was a volounteer , Armand Johansson , and he was Rottenfûhrer in div

?

Default SS Insignia real or bogus?

Hi all, i was shown these items just now, and offered to buy them if they are real. The owner is a lady whoms grandfather was a volounteer , Armand Johansson , and he was Rottenfûhrer in division Wiking, and according to internet he was also in Totenkopf and Nordland. The owner said she thought some of it were fake, since her father who was previous owner directly after Armand , also bought copies , why i dont know but thats what she said.

Now i did blacklight test and she conducted burn test on the cuff titles, i didnt want to do it in case something went wrong. Anyway as far as i can tell they all passed. But personally i think the eagle (navy?) looks bogus, the head and beac looks sloppy done. The medal with 75 on it must be a new thing, and i am skeptic about the Freikorp cuff title, its thicker than the Wiking, and the back is black instead of grey, never seen that. But no glow on blacklight and fine ashes at the burn test, so not sure.

The wiking i believe might be good, the "salt and pepper" stitches looks right but again im an amateur and i dont rely on my untrained eyes. The skull feels more solid then the copys ive bought early in my collecting years, this one is quite heavy and looks more genuine, marked with SS runes and 360/42.

This time i ask you guys before i buy, it is easy to get caught up by the story of her grandfather, but i want to be sure before i place a bid. And not sure what to offer yet , but that i will consider if there is anything genuine among these items or if all is bogus. Im sorry for the big pictures, dont know how to make minis. if someone quotes me please only the text then.

Cheers
    Freddie

SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?

SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?[ATTACH=CONFIG]765878[/ATTACHSS Insignia real or bogus?
    The edelweiss (think it is?) im not sure if its even a part of his stuff, that was for mountain troops i believe?
    SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?
    And finally a knights cross, might be genuine but im skeptic, and the medal that looks very new to me.
    SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?

i appreciate your honest inputs on these, i do have a sting of hope but expecting it all to be fake. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Insignia real or bogus?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Insignia real or bogus?
    P
    Many

Sad to say, but all a hunk of junk as near as I can see. Sorry. We have lots of real cuff titles here. And cap "sculls" too.

- - ------- - -

The 75 engagement assault badge is a thing of spectacular value when real. A friend of mine sold one found in Idaho, USA for USD 9000.

?

Ok i was expecting that, but find it strange that all of it was though since
    her grandpa for a fact was a volounteer. But i have no reason to question your opinion, i have seen the pictures of your impressive collection and i know you have seen the good ones enough to recognize the bad ones. Thanks for your help !

Sorry. I cannot say that I know Scandinavian SS insignia with any skill. It also possible that veterans bought reproduction insignia after the fact, as in many cases, the real thing was destroyed or cast off immediately after the fact. I hate to disappoint, but such is the norm with this stuff.

?

Rather dissapointed than fooled and broke! With SS items in general it seems that 99% is crap. But the hope isnt fading I do have a few items that are (supposed to at least) genuine SS insignia. I would very much appreciate your opinion on those since i dont want any copys or replicas at all, there was a time i thought i could do with a copy until i got a real one, but thats silly, i rather have a very small but genuine collection. I will post pictures in this thread later tonight and looking forward to hear your comments on those.

As has been said above, no good.

(Except for the Edelweiß sleeve badge... But it's not Third Reich-related; it's the model worn by the Bundeswehr's mountain troops.)

The "Wiking" cuff title was made in the 1970s or so; unless I am much mistaken, this pattern came with the divisional chronicle.

The "Freikorps Dänemark" one is actually not merely fake but a fantasy piece. The real ones said "Freikorps Danmark".

Bravo, Andreas. The wise soul will get the Beaver Bando book on Waffen SS insignia in English or French, which is the source for real insignia, bar none.
    Or use our stickies, too.

The Kriegsmarine breasteagle is the only original thing I see.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo, Andreas. The wise soul will get the Beaver Bando book on Waffen SS insignia in English or French, which is the source for real insignia, bar none.
    Or use our stickies, too.
    Any link to where this book is for sale? I have looked at the stickies , but honestly i cant tell on that Wiking cuff title and the skull. I have seen pics of the real deal here but cant see the difference, i must be blind or stupid!

Ok Carlsson thanks for your reply on that, at least something in there, dont think i will buy that one myself but i can tell her it is real then.

?

Friedrich what do you think about these then:

SS Charlemagne Division buckle

SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?

SS Eagle, chest i believe?

SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?

Empty shells, well not much but something it is

The helmet on top has been verified here as real, still want to show it:

And below follows some items that im very uncertain about, but i kept until i know for sure. Im pretty sure they are fake though. The ground dug skull or at least looks ground dug could be real i guess, but its in bad shape so cant tell if there is any markings. The small panzer skull is supposed to be genuine too, but not SS i think.

SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?SS Insignia real or bogus?

Thanks
    Fred

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast