MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard

Article about: Hi Guys, my name is Andi and I'am the owner of Militaria Depot Original Militärische Antiquitäten . I'am very often here for looking to any information about the material differences for pre

?

Default A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard

Hi Guys,
    my name is Andi and I'am the owner of Militaria Depot Original Militärische Antiquitäten .
    I'am very often here for looking to any information about the material differences for pre 34 SS Collar Insignia.
    More specifically, I am concerned with the piping on collar tabs in white. Since some month i offer a set on my website for a good price from Berlin ( 6 ). There are collar tabs with single shoulderboard. I believe that the pieces about processing and the use of the individual materials for original. Only for the material of the piping i cant find any reference, although I'm sure to have seen this stuff before. It would be great if someone can tell me something more accurate about it here. In one picture here in the forum by Berthold I think I can detect this variant.

I will check if I can post some images. If it not please check the images here: A-SS Collar Tab 6 with Board - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

otherwise on my website: Allgemeine-SS Effekten Konvolut Original Militärische Antiquitäten

Please note: this thread is not meant to catch customer but rather only intended as information for myself. !!

Thank you very much for your help.

Best andi

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard
    P
    Many

I sent your material to Dave Delich to ask him to comment.

As you know, the standardization of these items unfolded in the course of 1934, as this insignia was phased out.

Hence, variations are normal and can be expected.

The leatherette strap on the strap, however, does not look good to me.

?

Noticeable is that all known collar tabs have the same white piping from the thick thread. My one are with a thinner and finer piping from other material.
    By the way: Its UV negative. The leatherette strap is attached later in my eyes, but I cant say when.

Thank you for help me. I look forward to the statement of Dave Delich..

Best Andi

Thanks. The image of the several patches with the white Paspel is from Delich's collection.

He will answer at some point, and I will forward to you what he says.

Hi Andi, Black light testing is meaningless. PM me your e-mail and I can send you a PDF of a scientific article that outlines the situation.

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardA-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardHere are Mr. Delich's comments:

".....It's difficult to ascertain with much certainty as to whether
    this piece is genuine or not. Recalling my own examples
    of early, white-piped tabs, many variants existed in the
    pre-organizational daysl Note the above pic of Hans
    Baranowski with his lame-looking piping that is pictured
    as thick as a hangman's rope. In my eye, very unsightly,
    but obviously genuine and probably something Hans
    requested himself.
    Also note the less than "standard" numerals, especially
    the "2". Also the tabs bear non-issue piping which was
    made from a length of white "Russia Braid" -- material
    more commonly used to place on o'seas caps in the shape
    of an inverted "V" to denote the arm -- white for Infantry,
    Red for Flak, blue for medical, etc. In the case of the "6"
    tab, it was probably the only thing then available to
    complete the tab. That was really "reaching".
    Lastly is the All-SS tab with the "13" numerals, which
    are far from the more improved pattern we favor seeing.
    Whether the "6" and/or the "13" are authentic or not,
    rests with the opinion of the viewer, as they are crude
    enough to also be considered post-war. However, example
    like these are known to exist and made during the WW II
    era. You just have to go by your gut feeling and examine
    the "possible" age of the item and make an effort to
    determine what the insignia's original source was..."

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and ShoulderboardThanks to Mr. Delich for his help with our work.

I would add this: in the period before the second half of 1934, as the RFSS standardized system of uniforms became generalized, persons had their own insignia embroidered locally.
    The RZM mavens make frequent reference to this practice, which was then prohibited in the second half of 1934. See my enclosure from the middle of 1934.

This fact means that a wide variation exists, as noted by my senior colleague.

A second factor is that the white textile in almost all cases will yellow to one degree or another, and if this item shows little of the latter, some skepticism is warranted.

Two things I do not like on these badges are the Leimleinen and the imitation leather strap.

The straps were just sewn into the top of the shirt sleeve in those real shirts I have seen.

Mr. Eisenschwein who is also in Germany found a black uniform with some very early shirt insignia and or tunic insignia of the 1932-33 epoch.
    I do not recall where those photos are, but they are typical of the early items beyond what the Delich treasures contain.

I have utter and total faith in the Delich items as a kind of base line of what is real.

Bob Coleman is very familiar with a wide variety of badges, and maybe he will have something to say here, too.

I do not collect loose insignia.

Here are some photos of the pre34 collar tabs which were mentioned by FB. They were found in the pocket of the tunic. The white piping of the tabs is different. The vertical collar tabs have the same piping we know from the visor caps.

Regards

Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard   A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard  

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast