Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS/Italian Vol. Tunic

Article about: Any Thoughts on this SS/ Italian Volunteer Tunic, I am contemplating to Bid on?

?

Default SS/Italian Vol. Tunic

Any Thoughts on this SS/ Italian Volunteer Tunic, I am contemplating to Bid on?

SS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. TunicSS/Italian Vol. Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/Italian Vol. Tunic
    P
    Many

I do not recognize the tunic type , but the sleeve eagle is a reproduction for sure .
    The collar tab ( a type never proven to have been worn ? ) has been sewn ON TOP of earlier wear / tear marks .
    IMO it all looks very artificial .

?

Thanks for the info and your opinion. Yes. I could not find the patch also. I've been trying to familiarize my self with the SS eagle.. Still a tough one with me.
    Well anyway your thought are good enough for me. You and the forum has saved me again. I'm not going to bid on the tunic. Thanks again.

In addition to what has been said above, allow me to add two more points to ponder:

There was a special design of sleeve eagle for Italian SS troops (an eagle clutching a bundle of fasces). All photographs of Italian SS volunteers I have ever seen show that eagle in wear rather than the German model.

On the other hand, I have never seen a photograph showing an Italian tricolor sleeve shield in wear by the Italian SS.

?

Thanks. I was alittle Leary of that too. I searched photos and also saw that sort of sleeve patch, that you were talking about. I wasn't sure, so I thought I would post the question.

Run away.

?

Ha! I did! It's amazing how so many different uniform combinations and patches could be put together. I guess they depend on collectors not being educated (like me). I'm learning but still have along way.
    Thanks War Relics.