Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat

Article about: The cap on the cover of the Wilkins book is for sale in China. I own its twin brother. - - Updated - - Here is the other of the two that Shea found at the start of the last decade, that is,

?

Default SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat

You don't see a maker marked SS Schirmmuetze that often.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hatThis one is a Lubstein, and a real one, to boot.

Shea had one, too, actually, not unlike the Korbmacher (not to be confused with Kornacker....) which he apparently sold.

If you read Mollo, you will find that in early 1941 the RZM allowed all licensed cap makers to make SS caps of this type, whereby they presumably added their logo, which went against the early 1935 ban on logos on NSDAP regalia.

?

Wait one moment, this is a revelation if true! was Mollo correct in this statement? where is the proof?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Wait one moment, this is a revelation if true! was Mollo correct in this statement? where is the proof?
    It is in vol VI of Mollo, Ben, I have cited it a billion times. He cites an RZM circular of said date, ca. Jan or Feb 1941. The proof, further, is in war time caps with the maker's logo. The logos were banned in early 1935, and permitted again for SS caps in early 1941.

p.16 on Mollo, Vol. VI, citing in foot note 4 an RZM circular of late January 1941 to this effect as above......

Mitt. d RZM, Nr 2, 25. I. 1941, p. 10,

I do not have the original, but all his other citations in the main of this source that I have been able to double check are correct. Mollo was not a native speaker of German, or a speaker of German at all, but he otherwise got his details pretty straight as a rule.

Someone else can scan the page of said book, as my scanner will not digest such oblong books, and I do want to wreck the binding, either.

?

Well, forgive me for being a dunce but that fact has not been mentioned all that often at all. If you claim to have mentioned it a "billion times" then I must have been reading another forum completely.

I have mentioned it many, many times in the past.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast