Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat

Article about: The cap on the cover of the Wilkins book is for sale in China. I own its twin brother. - - Updated - - Here is the other of the two that Shea found at the start of the last decade, that is,

Default Re: SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatThe cap on the cover of the Wilkins book is for sale in China. I own its twin brother.

- - Updated - -

Here is the other of the two that Shea found at the start of the last decade, that is, thirteen years ago. This second one I have owned for a decade or so. SS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hat......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat
    P
    Many

Here is the bally hoo that goes with the cap. I just bought a Mercedes Jahreswagen, so someone else can give this cap a suitable home.

QUOTE Unissued Waffen SS officer visor cap in stunningly STONE MINT condition, coming with the original stuffing paper, size 58. This is the same cap that is on the cover (and the back cover) of the so-called "bible of WWII German cloth headgear "- THE COLLECTOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTH THIRD REICH MILITARY HEADGEAR by Gary Wilkins. In addition to the cover, this visor cap was also featured on page 51, 69 and 85 of the book.
    The cap was purchased from Mr. Bill Shea in 2000 and it has been in my collection since and very well-preserved. Absolutely stunning, no sign of moth tracking or anything, completely stone mint. Argubaly the best-conditioned Waffen SS officer visor cap out there.
    Attached Images UNQUOTE

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatSS items of note: Maker marked visor hatThe cap in China is of note for its Duffel or Eskimo cap cover, which was more used in enlisted caps.....Mine is the same. Bob Hritz owns a similar cap, and others have appeared.

Truth be told, they are all well and good, but I would rather spend money on a cap like this:

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Truth be told, they are all well and good, but I would rather spend money on a cap like this:
    Funny the things that make us "tick" . . . I would prefer the latter myself - suum cuique.

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Funny the things t
    hat make us "tick" . . . I would prefer the latter myself - suum cuique.
    In collecting, we all have what we like and avoid. I have always preferred the quality of the private purchase cap

Small Austrian maker

Erel

Pekuro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat   SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat  

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat   SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat  

SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat   SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A silver and gray piped private purchase

Pekuro

Marke Odd(Otto Dittman Dresden)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat   SS items of note: Maker marked visor hat  

BOB

Thank you, Bob, very nice display of objects of great merit.

An example of a typical mid war cap available through the SS uniform supply. Note the lack of a sweat shield. This cap was part of a uniform group left at home by a junior officer in Totenkopf.

BOB

Bob's collection is the foundation upon which Adrian and he have constructed this site from the ruins of the others. Many thanks and happy hats and even happier foot notes......
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-15-2013 at 02:00 AM.

?

Amazing hats Bob ... there is one similar to the above , for sale , at Collectors Guild.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3