Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS jacket?

Article about: SS jacket?Please can you tell me what is this??

Default SS jacket?

SS jacket?Please can you tell me what is this?? SS jacket?SS jacket?SS jacket?SS jacket?

SS jacket?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS jacket?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a cut down Greatcoat.

This is not a genuine gray SS tunic. I agree that it appears to be a reworked mantel as there never was a double breasted gray SS tunic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

reworked for what? winter use ?

Also that the eagle is a fake.

?

Reworked for civil use, note, that added upper flaps/pockets
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks so i let this one go not for my .

If you are interested in SS material, it is best you obtain a few books on the subject. You would find that the three volume set of Uniforms of the Waffen-SS by the late Michael Beaver is a must have for any collector. You would know that nothing like the style of this jacket ever existed. The expense of a library is cheap when compared to making one expensive mistake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you are interested in SS material, it is best you obtain a few books on the subject. You would find that the three volume set of Uniforms of the Waffen-SS by the late Michael Beaver is a must have for any collector. You would know that nothing like the style of this jacket ever existed. The expense of a library is cheap when compared to making one expensive mistake.
    Fine guidance for anyone who wants to spend a great deal of money on an item of dubious quality. The successful collector can never get out of the hole with the assumption that a mistake can be made good by typing in a few key words and attaching a few pictures of an ebay wonder or some hardly credible Dachbodenfundus, which is a dust covered and flea bitten joke. The relative ease with which some persons can appeal to the civic virtues of a handful of solid collectors tricks some into thinking that no great exertion goes with any of this, that the seeker is freed of the pull of gravity and shielded from the marauding and buccaneers that are the norm.

- - Updated - -

All of this came with decades of pain and suffering as well as a pile of books......