Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions

Article about: Hi all I came across this SS jacket, now it is in a reasonably poor state, moth holes, dirt and a bit of mould, which I will probably leave as is, due to it being very delicate. The jacket p

?

Default SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions

Hi all
    I came across this SS jacket, now it is in a reasonably poor state, moth holes, dirt and a bit of mould, which I will probably leave as is, due to it being very delicate. The jacket passes all the tests, so I think she is a genuine original, including the canvas type inner liner, and has stamps and numbers on the inside. Buttons have marks on them, photo not that clear and I need to give them a bit of a clean. What I need help with is......it is a very small jacket, which appears to have fancy pleats around the bottom edges, both front and back, like jackets worn by women. My first thought is that it is probably for a female concentration camp guard, as in the last years of the war, women were SS staff, but did not have the same membership rights as men, but theySS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions wore the SS uniform. It also appears to finish at the waist, where a skirt would be worn. Any ideas, or just a very small man. My guess by the inside stamps, made in 1944.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions

A complete and utter fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oh! The SS- BW....

Could you educate us some more on this? Seen the BW stamp before, what does it mean? Bundes Wehr?
    And the jacket itself; what is it? Is it post war German? How about the "war time" markings on the inside.
    We know the jacket is a fake, but it would help pointing out why it is, what it is instead of just stating its a fake without saying why.
    I know to you guys it easy, be some of us are still learning.

Mate, I hope you didnt pay too much for this thing, even with my extremely limited knowledge on these jackets I can see the stitching under the collar is wrong and the arm eagle is a shocker. The other boys here will be able to tell you all the other problems.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Could you educate us some more on this? Seen the BW stamp before, what does it mean? Bundes Wehr?
    And the jacket itself; what is it? Is it post war German? How about the "war time" markings on the inside.
    We know the jacket is a fake, but it would help pointing out why it is, what it is instead of just stating its a fake without saying why.
    I know to you guys it easy, be some of us are still learning.

It means Bekleidungs Werk.

?

Hi there
    As stated, I have conducted the tests on several pieces of it, and both the tests confirm it is of original period material. The eagle thread burns away to ash also, and "she (the eagle) is a shocker" because she has just about had it. The insignia material tests also work. I have taken a few more photos.
    The stitching is different to a mens jacket, epecially the types on the forum, adding to the thought of being a womens jacket, as all the ones shown are for men.
    So if the material is genuine all over, any ideas or pointers as to how she is a fake, would be appreciated. The buttons have letters and numbers that I cannot make out as yet, but there is another button photo with all the rust etc. The material is definatley old, with the old feel and almost turns to dust/powder in your fingers. She has many repairs all over. I have tried to get close ups of the collar tabs, they appear to have a very dry possibly cardboard type material underneath. As stated I thought it was a womens type jacketSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions
    Thought/pointers please.

Hello,
    Thread moved to SS uniforms forum.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsSS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinionsGents
    I did some googling (well a lot of googling actually), and I have finally found one identical to this, being advertised on IOFFER as an original for just over $2000USD. I dont know how to add a link, but the listing number is 182571904. Well i worked out how to get the photos over to here, so here they are, this one is in way better condition than mine
    appreciate your thoughts

Denial is a defense mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Allan, re read the other posts for peoples thoughts/pointers on this item, any further discussion regarding it being the original jacket of a female SS camp guard or otherwise is anomalous, and is an invention of pure fantasy by a person out for financial gain and nothing else.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast