Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions

Article about: Hi all I came across this SS jacket, now it is in a reasonably poor state, moth holes, dirt and a bit of mould, which I will probably leave as is, due to it being very delicate. The jacket p

Default Re: SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions

Quote by allan View Post
    Attachment 446541Attachment 446542Gents
    I did some googling (well a lot of googling actually), and I have finally found one identical to this, being advertised on IOFFER as an original for just over $2000USD. I dont know how to add a link, but the listing number is 182571904. Well i worked out how to get the photos over to here, so here they are, this one is in way better condition than mine
    appreciate your thoughts
    That too is a fake.Be very wary of ioffer, there is so much bogus militaria on there it's unreal.... Try Googling for some original period photographs of this type of garment in wear, the results would be very interesting.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Jacket possibly females-thought or opinions
    P
    Many

?

SS-Aufseherinnen wore specific uniforms, that bear no resemblance to this piece shown above. Neither the summer nor winter format are similar in appearance to this piece. Regarding iOffer, I would advise extreme caution on that particular site. It is indeed a well known outlet for reproduction material.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks for that but no denial here, just intrigued, becuase the whole item passes the burn and light test, so she has to be original period material, that material cant be faked. I didnt pay for the item, just freight to get it to me, so no one made anything out of it at all apart from the post office. The research I did leads to believe it is a womens item, size and type etc, the person I got it from had no idea, nor did they state anything at all. They got nothing monetary at all.
    The previous posts do not say anything as to why they think it is not original, pointers and i tips i was hoping to gain valuable knowledge from.
    Thanks

Hi there Allan, the jacket fastens the wrong way to be a womens garment, if it was for a woman it would fasten right side over left.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hi there Allan, the jacket fastens the wrong way to be a womens garment, if it was for a woman it would fasten right side over left.
    I've always had my suspicions, it's not Paul, it's Pauline....isn't it......?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I've always had my suspicions, it's not Paul, it's Pauline....isn't it......?
    You got it in one honeypie!....

Agree totally with Ned on his good points. Right off the bat, the fakers were going for a 1944 tunic. However, this is not even close to that style. Lets not get into the SS Eagle! i could go on, but let others chime in.

?

Just FYI, all kinds of material will pass the "burn and light" tests- it really has nothing to do with the age of the material. What it will tell you is if the material contains man-made synthetics or brighteners added to make whites whiter. Because the material is not white, the black light test is pretty much useless, and any fabric store would be able to direct you to a whole selection of fabrics that do not contain synthetics...

?

You state that your research shows your jacket matching with that seen from those in Ioffer, really?, the collars are a complete mismatch, the style is different, i could go on, yours is a fake with fake insignias, the material may well be old but to me it also looks shaven, which is a practise used by fakers to make a material look worn and used , I would heed the comments given here by some very experienced collectors , including those that have and collect SS uniforms and not from a very dubious source like Ioffer

All insignia are reproduction, the entire ensemble is junk, not coming from E.Europe by any chance is it ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast