Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake

Article about: I bought it on the auction for 15 British Pounds. It was cheap enough so I thought I take a chance. It will make a good display piece with something. I'll post a few additional pics includin

ETF
    ?

Default SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake

Hello All,

Has anyone ever seen one of these before? Is it real or fake?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake   SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Jagdverbände Armband - Real or Fake

Fantasy armband...This type never existed as far as I can reference.
    cheers, Glenn

I've never seen this before, more then likely a 4th Reich band made in someones basement.

ETF
    ?

Thank you Gentleman...That's what I suspected. I've never seen one of these either.... in hand or photo in a book.

Ed

Now we have seen one!

I believe Skorzeny's 502nd SS Jäger Battalion was reorganised as SS-Jagdverbande. They wore an armband but I havent seen a pic of one in wear

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

ETF
    ?

Is it possible then that this could be an authentic armband? I'm guessing it's pure speculation at this point based on a lack of reference material on it.

Ed

A large part of the Romanian volunteers was used to create commando units. The first of these units, composed of approximately 70 men, was in barracks at Korneuburg, to the north of Vienna. It components were trained as paratroops, to undertake guerrilla actions on enemy territory. This group was commanded by Lt Müller, supported by Virgil Popa. Another Romanian sub-unit was instructed by the The Service of Information of the German Army (Abwehr) in a camp near Vienna. In the last months of the war a part of the personnel of this sub-unit led by Lt Pfeiffer were parachuted into the zone of Soviet lines, where they carried out acts of sabotage.
    Google.......
    The third and perhaps the greatest Romanian SS commando group was organised alongside the specially-named Südost SS Jagdverbaende, commanded by SS Standartenführer Otto Skorzeny, and it was relocated to the Stockerau Hollabrun near Vienna. Otto Skorzeny earnt his celebrity owing to commando actions, amongst which the liberations of Mussolini and Horthy. The head of this unit was Major Benesch, and the head of the Romanian detachment, Major Toba. The advance of the front meant that trained personnel of the elite Romanian sub-unit should be used in small scale actions within the last weeks of the war.

ETF maybe another photo of the stitching inside will help the cloth experts and what is common to see with other armbands. Just a thought. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

ETF
    ?

Thanks Larry...I appreciate your feedback. I took these photos off an auction site which is coming up in about 30 minutes. They are the only photos I have. Depending on what the bids are I may or may not bid on the armband. If it's DIRT cheap I will ...if not I'll pass on it.

Regards,
    Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast