Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Judicial Tunic

Article about: Not utterly unlike the one on offer on the Gottlieb and Whammond site, but this piece is integral and authentic. It also cost only a fraction of the asking price of the three pieces presentl

?

Default SS Judicial Tunic

Has anyone seen the Allg/SS Judicial tunic on Craig Gottliebs site?
    I'm in the market for an Allg/ss tunic and this one appeals to me.
    I would be very greatful for any opinions.
    Thank you all
    MurraySS Judicial Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Judicial Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Judicial Tunic

SS Judicial TunicSS Judicial Tunic

?

?

It certainly is a welll cut tunic and appears to be an original garment with all original insignia. Whether the insignia is original to the tunic is best determined by a hands-on inspection.

Bob Hritz

?

Thank you for your reply Bob
    I've asked for more pics..I'll post them when they arrive....perhaps they'll show if the insignia have been replaced!

At the risk of me too ism, I also think the tunic itself is quite real. The question adheres to the badges. What I could see of how the Paspel is attached to the collar instills little confidence in me. Whammond also has two black tunics which he claims are restored. I am also not sure that this arrangement of badges is the correct one, either. I.e. how the badges would be configured on an SS court Dienstrock. Does someone have an image of the era?

?

Thank you FB..I cannot find any pics of an SS Judicial tunic in wear...no mention is made of it in The Angolia book except for a pic of the diamond.......I've studied the pics of black tunics in the Beaver book and understand what you are saying about the the paspel.
    I don't know if it is just my eyes.but there appears to be the shadow of a number 7 on the cuff title as well .

Quote by mgalat View Post
    Thank you FB..I cannot find any pics of an SS Judicial tunic in wear...no mention is made of it in The Angolia book except for a pic of the diamond.......I've studied the pics of black tunics in the Beaver book and understand what you are saying about the the paspel.
    I don't know if it is just my eyes.but there appears to be the shadow of a number 7 on the cuff title as well .
    Thanks for yours. Indeed, there does seem to be the remnants of the embroidered "7" for the seventh Sturm or seventh Standarte. The heap of these post 1937 Allgem. SS cuff titles have been recycled in various ways. This is the more primitive variant, I guess.

Moreover, the wear on the tunic cuff does not match the cuff title, either, in fact.

Best save your money for another piece.

Better to be safe than sorry with this sort of thing.

The tunic itself, that is, the black garment seems real to me, in the way that these things always are: cut, appearance of the fabric etc. Of course, the photos only tell so much.

similar object, but with original and organic badges....not as remarkable, but authentic.SS Judicial TunicSS Judicial TunicSS Judicial Tunic

Authentic tunics of this type versus the re made ones seem to have vanished in the last couple of years. Oh well. We live in odd times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast