Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Judicial Tunic

Article about: Not utterly unlike the one on offer on the Gottlieb and Whammond site, but this piece is integral and authentic. It also cost only a fraction of the asking price of the three pieces presentl

Default Re: SS Judicial Tunic

A expensive item for sure...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Judicial Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Thanks d'alquen..I think you have cleared this up once and for all.
    And thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread...your expertise and willingness to share it has saved me a lot of money.
    But where one door closes another opens.

Cheers Murray

?

I've tweaked the sl'band foto - appears there's a '4' next to the purported '7.' but that would be impossible unit-wise, (yes?). so no matter other points interestingly raised, wondering if this is just:

a) honest wear,
    b) the result of light craig used (can be hard getting uniform light when shooting a circular object, *OR*
    c) the possibility that like other ss insignia (SS-VT tabs with the numerals removed) this was was also period-altered....

F-B et al please advise. cheers and good hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Judicial Tunic 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    At the risk of me too ism, I also think the tunic itself is quite real. The question adheres to the badges. What I could see of how the Paspel is attached to the collar instills little confidence in me. Whammond also has two black tunics which he claims are restored. I am also not sure that this arrangement of badges is the correct one, either. I.e. how the badges would be configured on an SS court Dienstrock. Does someone have an image of the era?
    I no longer doubt how the Paspel is attached to the collar, by the way. It is alright. The Raute, however, is a stinker, I think.

SS Judicial TunicSS Judicial Tunicfoetid woolens on parade. Three years later and still searching foetid places for rotten woolens as the cookie crumbles. This tunic is NOT the one on ding bat's website, either.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-03-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote by vady View Post
    I've tweaked the sl'band foto - appears there's a '4' next to the purported '7.' but that would be impossible unit-wise, (yes?).
    Actually, that is not impossible. The SS had a peak total of 127 Fußstandarten, numbered consecutively in arabic numerals. All of these Standarte numbers can appear on sleevebands. See for example this excerpt of a 1939 SS price list with available cufftitles for no. 1 through 120:

SS Judicial Tunic

But 47 would have been for the commander of the Standarte or for the staff of the Standarte at a given date.
    Anyone who would have willfully destroyed in the present a cuff title with a '47' is a crook.
    The razzle dazzle dealer with the TV show...and owner of the tunic in question.... was seen with an adherent of the horizontal guild at the recent militaria faire.

- - Updated - -

SS Judicial TunicHere is a Bavarian image for my friend in Bayern....

Sta. 92 is "Alt Bayern," with HQ in Ingolstadt.

But 47 would have been for the commander of the Standarte or for the staff of the Standarte at a given date.
    Absolutely. I was merely commenting on the possibility of the cuff title as such.

Sta. 92 is "Alt Bayern," with HQ in Ingolstadt.
    Known as the location of the fine Bavarian Army Museum and the erstwhile stomping grounds of the eminent Dr. Victor Frankenstein!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Absolutely. I was merely commenting on the possibility of the cuff title as such.

Known as the location of the fine Bavarian Army Museum and the erstwhile stomping grounds of the eminent Dr. Victor Frankenstein!
    Thank you. Schoene Gruesse to Ingolstadt and beyond. I recall my first car, an Audi Super 90 that must have come from there, as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast