Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Article about: I sent you a private message.

Default Re: SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Herewith what I believe to be the chronological evolution of said tags in the more or less four years from 1934 until 1938 and beyond.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive That is from left to right in the image with the three brassards.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    P
    Many

FB, Have you ever seen the black stripes with Horizontal ribbing on them as opposed to the usual Vertical ribbing? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am sure I have. The question is sort of a red herring, in fact, and I believe I spoke to this issue previously. By the way, let me ask all of you, does any of you actually own any SS regalia at all? Have you been able to examine these things other than in electric pictures? Do you own more than one book on the evolution of the SS, as well as picture books on the regalia?

I could go on, but I shall not to do so, since it is cruel of me, and I aspire to be better. My bona fides are here, and I do not collect SS insignia per se. Bob Hritz and Bob Coleman are my experts in this question.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

By the way, the brassards on my desk are not from my uniforms. They are spare, bought a long time ago, when the cost little and were more innocent.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Thanks,FB-Didn't intend to annoy you-was just asking a quick question,is all. Your answer was definitely appreciated. As for the questions you posed,I'll be polite and...... lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This thread has excellent and clear images of the insignia in question. Happy collecting.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

I concur with my esteemed colleague FB regarding the existance of SS paper RZM tags. It was amazing to read at the Pardise of Paranoia that a couple of collectors doubted the existance of paper RZM labels on armbands. As the black uniform was sparingly worn after the begining of the war, the demand for new ones would have been limited. Thus, I would expect to find more of these with paper lables unissued.
    As to the black tape with horizontal lines, I have nevered noticed the existance of same. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing as I may have never looked for this detail in the past if it was on a period piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you all for the great answers! I think this will be a good reference for many future collectors.

Thanks to my colleague and friend Bob Coleman for his intervention. Here courtesy of Bill Shea is a nice image of an SS brassard for the consideration of all those seized of the theme.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-15-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Colleague Coleman is also right that the phase out or reduction in force of the black uniform with the start of the war meant that many of these became extra, surplus, and have thus endured. The bulk are with paper tags. I also imagine that a full time or even part time SS man used more than one of these things, granted that they got dirty and needed replacement for garrison wear. In any case, there are the benighted souls here who cannot get access to real material and a handful of us who have had same for decades. It is not fair, really, and it is also cumbersome via the wire here, too.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast