Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Article about: I sent you a private message.

?

Default Re: SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Much is owed to people like F-B, Bob Coleman and Bob Hritz who have shared their time and collections with the faceless and often hostile internet community.
    I noticed that most of my saved pictures come from one of these three sources.

I am especially fond of the Stammabteilung uniforms. They hold a particular fascination for me.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    Thanks to all.
    Last edited by jHAM; 08-15-2011 at 01:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    P
    Many

?

Thanks FB, you da man! Well as far as the whole horizontal stripe thing, I cant say Ive ever seen one before and I own one, and it has vertical stripes. This doesnt mean they didnt have some out there that are real,IMO. Who knows? not me.Here's mine for reference:
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive   SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive  

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive  

removed
    Last edited by command450; 08-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks, dear sir, I am grateful. There is a little group of us who shoulder the burden and I am glad that our readers have profited so nicely. The faceless and often hostile issue is what galls me greatly, of course, and I lately wear my heart on my sleeve to no good end.
    On the theme of Stammabteilung, here are some images of a former colleague of ours from Texas and his remarkable Montur.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

The Stammabteilung of Mr. Coleman remains for sale and awaits a home worthy of this important and unique offering.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Thanks FB, you da man! Well as far as the whole horizontal stripe thing, I cant say Ive ever seen one before and I own one, and it has vertical stripes. This doesnt mean they didnt have some out there that are real,IMO. Who knows? not me.Here's mine for reference:
    ~Dean
    Thanks. The brassards generally have the vertical stripe worked into the black band, but what does my generalization mean, really? How many arm bands existed and surely they betrayed variations, but I am not a brassard expert. I just have some, that's all, but I am no expert in the slightest.

Thanks to my Waffenschmiede friend for his exceptionally impressive display and his skill. I had an uncle who was a gun smith, and I have always greatly admired those with such skill and craft. These weapons of the 20th century have a pleasing appearance and how honorable to restore them to former luster. I do not know what such care has on their value, of course, but anything that preserves the past I support energetically.

?

I have sat here very quietly and have read every post to this thread over and over again trying to make some sense of this madness over the SS Kampfbinde armbands and have visited many reputable sites were I have seen a number of them for sale since this all began and have viewed many there seems two be two different points of view here one on vertical as well as horizontal application of the black border material as well as a difference of opinion on paper compared to cloth RZM logos /tags being non authentic as ths is new territory for me please bare with me I have found a SS Kampfbinde armband with vertical running material in the black border with a paper RZM logo but because it has a paper logo even thoe the the black border material runs vertical it is still to be judged as non authentic by some is this correct.??? The particular armband that I am going to show is being sold for $ 375.00 US at WW2Germanhelmets.com

Regards Mark k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive  SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive 

Mind you, I collect these by examining them in person. My wild guess on the recent Canadian post would be that the aging looks odd, but I cannot frankly tell. I repeat: I examine them in person, with my own eyes, sniff them, feel them, and compare them to originals. There have been good fakes of these for more than forty years.
    as ever, FBSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Paper tags came into use ca. 1938 with the phase out of the BeVo tags I illustrate above.

All of these are faked, of course, too, and have been thus for decades.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast