Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Article about: I sent you a private message.

Default Re: SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

This thread seems to be going SOUTH....
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    P
    Many

A Shame that this thread has been suppressed.... I had Legitimately hoped that Some one out there would have a definitive answer one way or the other on this significant "variation". Unfortunately, it looks like we may Never know.... But,on the grounds of That-and the absurd reactions seen posted here to a simple, supposedly straight forward question, at any rate, I would have to say that I would never trust a horizontal ribbing black striped armband until if and when someone comes forward and pronounces authenticity or not and can at the very least point out another such example Anywhere. If nothing else,we've gotten That much from all this. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The real problem is that no one can say for sure this piece is 4th Reich. Except for the direction of the ribs in the black material, everything else is up to snuff. In the world of fakes we deal with, sometimes I feel we are a little anal about some of these small details. I must admit that after handling at least 100 of these over the years, I never noticed or studied the direction of the ribs. There may never be an answer to this conundrum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Bob, Well...either they are a Horrendously Rare variant, as I and most all others have never seen another or own/owned one...or they are a very well made semi-modern counterfeit. Until more of these surface-if they ever do-I, for one, will have to remain not trusting them. It's strange,though,that as I said earlier, you see Very rare and valuable TR artifacts everyday here minutely dissected and scrutinized to the tiniest degree, but it seems like Everyone who knows anything about these things all have the same thing to say-that they simply have never taken note or noticed! You would have thought that when even the Thread type is a factor,or the folding of the swastika material and how it's stitched make huge differences, that something as readily observed and obvious as this has gone all these years invisible! I guess you never stop learning in this business! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I will add my 2p worth, for what it is worth.

I have never seen an armband of this nature before in 35 years of collecting and I like to think of myself as having a good eye for detail. I am sure I would have noticed this detail? I also spoke to a leading UK SS collector on the phone last night and he had not seen one either. None of this makes it fake, but personally I would err on the side of caution.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks, but my point is that people should pay for the knowledge we offer here in this medium, granted its quality and rarity in the wider world.
    I write books for a living, but plainly knowledge has been transformed by the past ten years, and those who benefit from same are not always inclined to assign such knowledge its appropriate value.
    I am not alone in this aspect, as the music field, journalism, and much more is collapsing in ways that my profession has yet to do, but the advocates of digital superficiality are hard at work to make it happen.Attachment 231251Attachment 231252Attachment 231253Attachment 231254Attachment 231255Attachment 231256Attachment 231257Attachment 231258Attachment 231259Attachment 231260Attachment 231261Attachment 231262Attachment 231263Attachment 231264Attachment 231265Attachment 231266

I plagiarize myself of the summer time.

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8