Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS Lager complex Dachau

Article about: The enclosed image appeared on another site today. It is an attractive one germane to our inquiry. Was not the Foto Atelier Bauer somehow connected to the SS? Does anyone know who this man w

Default Re: SS Lager complex Dachau

The enclosed image appeared on another site today. It is an attractive one germane to our inquiry. Was not the Foto Atelier Bauer somehow connected to the SS? Does anyone know who this man was? Am I right to think this image is from late-1934? Or did the alu and black piping for company grade officers last well into 1935? Riddles within questions....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lager complex Dachau
    P
    Many

Mollo suggests that this alu & black piping for the collar patch of this rank was obsolete by October 1934. Does such make sense with this collar patch for the Dachau Sturmbann?

I would guess the date to be early 1934. I have not seen many, if any, pictures of the alternating piping being worn after October 1934.
    Bauer was Himmler's equivalent of Hitler's Hoffmann. He was virtually the official photographer of the SS.
    It would help to identify the Sturmfuehrer so I will see if I can find any clues.
    D.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I would guess the date to be early 1934. I have not seen many, if any, pictures of the alternating piping being worn after October 1934.
    Bauer was Himmler's equivalent of Hitler's Hoffmann. He was virtually the official photographer of the SS.
    It would help to identify the Sturmfuehrer so I will see if I can find any clues.
    D.
    Dear Colleague, Thank you. The table of organization of the unit in early 1934 would not have had that many officers, even as Untersturmfuehrer would it? I had thought the place was very understaffed.

Thanks again.

Indeed a very interesting thread with much new informations.
    I wonder if someone has photos or has ever seen a Kdtr. cufftitle with another name then KL Dachau.

Riddles in enigmas, dear Robert, all questions that beg answers.

At least we here are shining a light into the darkness...

One point: In January 1935 the end strength of the Wachverbaende was around 1900 men total.

The camps described: Dachau, Esterwegen, Lichtenburg, Sachsenburg, Columbia (Haus) The staff of the Inspektion der KLs and Wachverbaende was exactly.....5. The same staff at the end of 1937 was only 49.

We are scarcely talking about a large group of people, and then one must figure how many pieces of regalia ever existed and the chances of same enduring until the year 2008. Granted the dicey finances of this outfit at the beginning, I do not think they made 20 collar patches and 20 cuff titles per Staffelmann or per SS Fuehrer.

One point of inquiry would be how this stuff might have endured as samples or Proben in Dachau where the clothing and equipment empire was apparently centered, such as it was. Toncar might know that, since he seems to have specialized in such things. Or, one can approach other well known collectors whose treasures appear in all the books, known to you, dear Robert.

Apropos Bauer and Dachau, here is a scene of the RFSS and his officers on an inspection visit in the year 193X. Who knows?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Lager complex Dachau 

Another Bauer image, that of Dr. Ley and Glucks in Dachau ca. 193X. I think 1935, but my colleagues know for sure...I find that I have more of these Leibfotograf of Heini Himmler than I thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Lager complex Dachau 

Robert,
    Images of early KZ men are extremely hard to find. This rare image of the protective custody section of Columbia Camp form 1935 shows what must be the the Kdtr Columbia title. Although the inscription is illegible in this photo note the two part inscription on the cuff band on the right.
    D.
    SS Lager complex Dachau
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

Dear Colleague, astonishing image. Columbia was Columbia Haus in Berlin, was it not?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast