Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    What is sad is these types actually believe they know something. In their opinion, the older collectors have collections full of fakes and have no idea what they are doing. It is impossible for these types to learn anything as they do not have the capacity to understand their opinion may be incorrect. Their ego blocks any chance they have to self educate. At this point in my life, I know I will never be able to spot higher end fakes in an area outside of what I collect. I read but will never post an opinion unless I feel that I have something positive to add to the discussion. This is the major goal of this Forum. That is to keep out those who wish to only cause havoc in the name of their own reputation. We can not rid ourselves of them but we certainly can ignore them.
    I associate myself with this intervention. But I say that we do more than ignore such misbehavior.

Once more, I pretend no expertise in black monkey jackets worn in armored fighting vehicles, other than I owned some in the early 1970s.
    I did always find Richard P's posts intelligent, often witty and reflective of the values I esteem in collectors and in these fora. I was gratified to read them, which is generally not the case otherwise.

However, recent events here and elsewhere have brought my life in these things to an end. Max Liebermann said it best, with his "...I cannot eat as much as I want to vomit...."

There is a species of collector I know all too well who is intent on driving all others out of this biotope in order to secure more swag for themselves and also for the joy and scatological pleasure of bullying others and beating them into a pulp with psychological terror as found in grade b horror movies. This is a person who really cannot know the complicated facts and subtle interpretations connected with real historical study. Their passion is the violence of the slashing post from behind what they deem to be the impenetrable armor of their screen. They transform themselves from less than nothing of human inadequacy and absence of character into a kind of celebrity of a perverse kind, eager to enthrall others starved for something of merit in life, and who them become addicted to cyber bullying and digital thuggery.

Patrick Lewis reminded us all of our higher calling, but I note that he quickly, accurately and sagely registered this atrocity in this space. The lack of piety towards the dead in its digital form at least moves me to boycott this whole thing.

I have labored in this site to do something that I thought Richard P endeavored to do in this ow way, that is build capacity in others more or less by adhering to the high road, but I have come to see it as fruitless, a waste of time and total disappointment.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-19-2012 at 06:00 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The lack of piety towards the dead in its digital form at least moves me to boycott this whole thing.
    Boycott only the WAF, surely?

?

Is there a link to the 'discussion' on WAF?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Is there a link to the 'discussion' on WAF?
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=627182 in the uniforms section.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=627183 in the cap section.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Keep in mind that the threads in question have been edited (somewhat)--they were much more caustic in their original state.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I went over to WAF as a guest just to see what this was all about.I don't have an opinion because the members who know about this material have spoken pro or con!Its a shame that the wife and son have to go through this.Just the same all who see the bad in the collection have there rights as all of us have on this or any other forum!My only observation is don't attack those who differ with you and please don't make this into a clawed battle!!This hobby is getting to be out of hand and can we have a suggestion a way to settle this stuff as i am getting to old for this as F-B kind of put it.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Keep in mind that the threads in question have been edited (somewhat)--they were much more caustic in their original state.
    That was mentioned that in an earlier post and I have followed these threads since the start. The worst of the comments have been removed and only the thread in the cap section appears to be attempting to discuss the items and not the person.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperBy the way, here is what I have bought from this collection. I am perfectly satisfied with said items. They are interesting variations of excellent quality and total originality.
    As I wrote above, I am not an expert in black monkey jackets and c--t caps, which I leave to someone else, but not the grandees on the puerile, sophomoric and felonious website.

Postscriptum: I have a small collection of army hats, actually, and have also collected these since the 1960s. I do think I know my way with them.

However, when this material and others are disposed of (some twenty five tunics and more than fifty peaked caps and one steel helmet....) then I am sure the jackals, cannibals, and bottom feeding slime will all declaim that the whole collection is totally fake and such a fact needs no explanation or detail at all, and, of course, with the look of angels, uisono,
    with no...... no impiety towards my foetid corpse and rotten soul.

Goetz von Berlichingen!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer Wrapperarmy hats in my ownership past and present, which is to say I have some insight into aspects of said material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS LAH Panzer Wrapper  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS LAH Panzer Wrapper  SS LAH Panzer Wrapper 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-20-2012 at 03:37 AM.

?

Friedrich, that very nice Cavalry cap (It looks like a silk top on my screen) cap was made in Torgau, the same town as my 1880 prussian cap.
    SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Very interesting caps you bought as well.

Cheers, Patrick

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast