Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Thanks. I believe the officer was stationed in Torgau, actually, on the Elbe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

?

Of course. I just saw the name Torgau and I didint think of the other possibilities other then the cap was made there

Thanks for the correction.

Cheers, Patrick

SS LAH Panzer WrapperHere you see the name tag with the unit. Kavallerie Regiment 10

?

That silk-top is a real treat to behold! Here's one I used to own, made (or retailed) by "Jockey Club"...
    SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Keep in mind that the threads in question have been edited (somewhat)--they were much more caustic in their original state.

Thank you Jerry, Stonemint.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Arran View Post
    That silk-top is a real treat to behold! Here's one I used to own, made (or retailed) by "Jockey Club"...
    SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    Very nice item. Thank you. Your material is first rate. Silken caps were quite normal in the pre 1918 army and were worn for a time in the SS. I have one of the latter, too.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    By the way, here is what I have bought from this collection. I am perfectly satisfied with said items. They are interesting variations of excellent quality and total originality.
    And so you should be dear friend! Good god, what marvelous Paul Kaps and silk top Alter Art caps!
    I had no idea Richard owned these which just goes to proove how little we discussed our collections or needed validation. We were more interested in talking about aviation which Richard was passionate about.

?

Just spent a few hours and a few drinks with a German collector friend who's in London for the weekend. He sold items to Richard on occasion. Sadly Richard passed away before one particular deal was totaly completed but my friend has no intention of chasing the family for the rest that was owed.

I don't know of any stronger way of explaining how things can be handled when you actualy have morals.

"I don't know of any stronger way of explaining how things can be handled when you actualy have morals."

A powerful intervention in this matter.

Quote by Bond View Post
    That was mentioned that in an earlier post and I have followed these threads since the start. The worst of the comments have been removed and only the thread in the cap section appears to be attempting to discuss the items and not the person.
    This generalization only applies in part and makes no difference in my view of this odious matter. What is done there is surely done, and some of the malefactors keep it up. We will make sure that they do not intrude here with their venom and filth.

Do let me observe something else as concerns expertise in the archaeological and gun show vein. I imagine that hundreds of thousands of such black soft caps were made, if surely not more in the second world war. How can someone generalize from say fifty examples in the kind of false science manner that gets postulated even by the more serious people on said site? The RZM handbook contains thousands of cap makers either on an industrial basis or an artisanal one. Nearly 100,000 or so tailors and clothing makers are contained in these lists from 1935, which says nothing about the totality of such makers as existed in Axis Europe at the high water mark of German control of the subject economies of its empire on the continent in say 1942. The Wilkins book does not even begin to analyze all these makers, nor does it contain much of the specifications, or analyze the manner in which these were operationalized beyond some desultory treatment. We all know the common and major makers, surely, but they are hardly the whole. SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

If you deepen yourself in the primary material, as my friend Ben VK has, you find that there was a shortage of skilled souls to make these things, and in wartime, much of it was made by slave labor. The primary sources also make clear that the war led to a rationalization of production, which was already in train in Germany since the 1920s, but was vastly increased. That is, the short cut became the norm. Very few of the self proclaimed internet lions understand what, for instance, a Probe is, that is, the pattern that was the specification from the quartermaster section or how this entity in its variety of German organizations functioned, and on and on.

I have a rough idea about some features of black SS peaked caps in the era 1932-39 or so, that is seven years, of what was, by comparison, a smaller organization. One of you might have an idea of how many served in the armor and self propelled artilliery branches, but I do know that more or less sixteen million Germans were at arms in the war.
    I own about fifty SS caps of black and grey types, and generalize more or less from these, but never would I generalize in the psychedelic ten commandments manner as does on the maroon lord of the flies site. Never.

I have just encountered an SS cap of early make I have never seen before, and it diverges in certain aspects from all the others.....

This kind of new data is normal. It undermines and makes ridiculous in my view the moronic fundamentalism that suffuses those who defile the benighted soul of Richard P and who have otherwise gravely misled others for a long time.

Nor dos these people ever produce a primary source other than a rusted rivet as proof of their assertions.

Pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-20-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast