Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperWho among you can decipher this tag? As a bonus, I include a "scull" to add joy to the hearts of many.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This generalization only applies in part and makes no difference in my view of this odious matter. What is done there is surely done, and some of the malefactors keep it up. We will make sure that they do not intrude here with their venom and filth.

Pfui.
    Unfortunately, such individuals are already coming here.
    Said that, it's always a pleasure to read you and see your items,Friedrich!!!

?

The tag is a Serie 3 which I don't believe I've seen before. Here's an example of the Serie 2 tag which we understand is from circa 1934. I can find no record for hersteller 905 but the number does ring a distant bell in my mind. Just one look at the weave of the velvet material confirms it's originality IMO. Can we see more FB?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS LAH Panzer Wrapper  

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperThe maker is Wilhelm Kueppers of Dortmund, which was an A 2, or an artisan, i.e. Muetzenmacher. I have the big book and looked it up. I think the tag is from 1934, as well, actually. But I do not know for certain. Maybe these already existed in 1933, but the marking requirement appears to have begun the next year from what I can tell from the RZM circulars and from Saris. SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

- - Updated - -

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Unfortunately, such individuals are already coming here.
    Said that, it's always a pleasure to read you and see your items,Friedrich!!!
    Thanks, as I find yours, dear sir, in turn.
    Let us police our ranks in order to save our site from a dismal fate as we see daily elsewhere.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperIn view of the recent abuse of my photos by some (....not by Ben, of course, who also says thank you....) here is a Probe of my hat. I think a skilled person can recognize the bona fides of said piece.

?

Thanks for the additional information. Academic research of period publications is the key to unlocking many of the mysteries of this material. This is something I feel has always been severely lacking on the other site. The hobby cannot advance if it's to remain locked in gun show gossip and the limited views of the persons involved with such things. Whilst I agree that knowledge learnt from handling lots of items, authentic and fake is important, it will only get you so far in the wider appreciation of the idiosyncrasies of German society at the time and especially the complex relationships of the armed forces and their supply sources, manufacturers and artisans.

I'm positive that no one out there truly understands the nature and system of the A2 muetzenmachers yet for example, I know I don't.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS LAH Panzer Wrapper I think a skilled person can recognize the bona fides of said piece.
    Not sure about the skilled part but I certainly can recognize the authenticity of what I'm looking at here.

?

Are all the Hersteller Numbers in that book Freidrich? I know of a couple of Hersteller Nrs and the makers but I had no idea of 905.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks for the additional information. Academic research of period publications is the key to unlocking many of the mysteries of this material. This is something I feel has always been severely lacking on the other site. The hobby cannot advance if it's to remain locked in gun show gossip and the limited views of the persons involved with such things. Whilst I agree that knowledge learnt from handling lots of items, authentic and fake is important, it will only get you so far in the wider appreciation of the idiosyncrasies of German society at the time and especially the complex relationships of the armed forces and their supply sources, manufacturers and artisans.

I'm positive that no one out there truly understands the nature and system of the A2 muetzenmachers yet for example, I know I don't.
    Well said.

The transition from the artisan to the factory based manufacture , of course, forms a major theme in all the UM articles that we discuss, as well as in the RZM circulars. It is no less the story of the transition in auto manufacture from coach building of the traditional sort to the Ford style production line and Taylorism, the latter which became the rage in 1920s Germany along with Jazz and Charlie Chaplin. I know that Ben reads books that treat these themes, but he is the exception.

Had I time machine, Ben, I would whisk you back to Vienna in 1973 when I had a student's cap made for me in a Muetzenmacher off the Mariahilferstrasse. This man in Hamburg has a boutique Muetzenmacher thingy for the very well to do Hamburger, but the cap I bought cost very little at the time.

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not sure about the skilled part but I certainly can recognize the authenticity of what I'm looking at here.
    You are more than skilled. And I am pretty certain the thing is real. One day I will share the whole thing, when I have gotten over my hissy fit about the misuse of my images without decorum and good order and discipline.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperMy new cap is not unlike this one. (right most image...)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast