Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperI think that Uniformenmarkt might have images of the cut of the Feldjacke, but I am not sure. There were several tailoring journals, but the Feldjacke was generally a mass produced item, like the Feldbluse.
    The military tailoring work I own is devoted to higher orders of dress.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-30-2012 at 11:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

?

'Scull' - are we going rowing now?

Outdoor activity in the team form is more useful than "crimpology" and tombak fussing and ouji board madness with lost spirits from Deschler.

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    So what happened to the SS LAH Panzer Wrapper?
    Good question. I guess it's now in the collection of someone who cares not one jot about following the herd and has enough personal knowledge to authentic it successfuly. If that's the case then I wish them all the best.

I don't know about anyone else but when the decision to buy someting is truly just your own and no one elses, the satisfaction of getting it right is more and the dissatisfaction of getting it wrong, although hard to take, is still a sweeter pill to take compared with a bad decision based solely on others opinions.

I won't name any names and it wasn't a disaster anyway but I remember buying a Japanese Katana based on another persons opinion. I didn't know enough about them at that time to decide by myself. I was impatient, took the advice and ended up with a sword that cost me quite a bit, wasn't what I wanted and ended up being a tough sell which I lost money on. That was a wake up call because I'd never lost money on anything before. I then immersed myself in the study of Japanese swords for a couple of months. Barely enough time to scratch the surface but enough to aquire 2 other swords from the classified ads in the UK. The satisfaction level of studying, authenticating and THEN getting the approval from the experts was tremendous and akin to buying my first original TR hat (yes, like everyone else, I had bought a few duds to start with)

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that although I'm interested in Panzerjackets, I've not bought one yet and won't until I'm ready to make up my own mind just like (hopefully) the collector who bought the LAH jacket.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperMutual aid, but also self help, as Ben points out.
    The lunatic site seems to have gone into over drive with a senseless attack on the author of a book on SS insignia by some grandees who likely: a.) do not own any authentic III. regalia, and b.) who could not write a two page essay on an advanced topic, let alone a book.
    This would all be easier if the on line expertise congealed more towards authority and not collapsed ever more frequently into bedlam.
    Without putting too fine a point on it, I have the impression that there is a pretty sturdy cadre of collectors who care nothing for this digital peanut gallery and go their way with the certainty of a sleep walker. That is, they ignore us. Bully!
    I appreciate Ben's expertise, not the least because of his craft as an artisan in addition to being more curious than most.
    However, the list of experts who consistently play a constructive role in all of this is really quite short. Clausewitz wrote that there are four kinds of officers: the smart and energetic; the smart and lazy; the dumb and energetic and the dumb and lazy.
    The online thingy is dominated by the dumb and energetic to the detriment of the smart and energetic; the dumb and lazy follow blindly the hogwash generated by the dumb and energetic; the smart and lazy are unengaged.
    All of this is why I am generally now about 30 minutes away from crushing my computer and these sites.
    May you be wrapped tightly in foetid black wool, and may your being be unsullied by the effluvia of jealous small minds who think that the Kleiderkasse des Heeres was like TESCO and Germany is or is not in the northern hemisphere.
    May your grommets rust in serenity, and your prongs be crimped, and may the ghostly voices of Deschler's past sing lullabies of cupal and buntmetall to you in your dreams....

There was a how to make caps book on ebay in Germany recently, Ben, which you should buy. I won't bid on it.

Adrian Stevenson is smart and energetic and invested of far more gentleness of the soul than am I after about 12 years of this Mr. Toad's Wild Ride of cast off clothes of the 20th century.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There was a how to make caps book on ebay in Germany recently, Ben, which you should buy. I won't bid on it.
    I would welcome the chance to buy it! is there an auction number you can give me?

Kleiderkasse des Heeres was like TESCO That has really made me smile.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Clausewitz wrote that there are four kinds of officers: the smart and energetic; the smart and lazy; the dumb and energetic and the dumb and lazy.
    I like this quote, I would definitely have to go with smart but lazy for myself!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast