Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

?

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending 250 euro.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending 250 euro.
    Ben, no I didn't even bid on it, as I was hoping you would get it. I am shocked, stunned and amazed it went that high.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I would have happily paid double or triple, chums. I paid even more for my brown cap book, truth be told. The thing just sold today was the manuscript for a revision of the booklet by Prediger himself. It has major historical value for us cap nuts.
    However, the vendor included in the small print that he would not sell outside of Germany.
    Oh well. Thanks, Ben, for the effort.

SS LAH Panzer WrapperI paid only USD 1200 for this book, actually.

?

I had the opportunity to purchase a first edition 1936 book by Anna Freud while I was up in Dublin. But I didn't have €80 to spend on a book. Though I might end up buying it next time I'm in Dublin. Not exactly on topic but with some passing merit.

Cheers, Patrick

SS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer WrapperSS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I had the opportunity to purchase a first edition 1936 book by Anna Freud while I was up in Dublin. But I didn't have €80 to spend on a book. Though I might end up buying it next time I'm in Dublin. Not exactly on topic but with some passing merit.

Cheers, Patrick
    Well done. Weitermachen.

That Patrick knows of Anna Freud puts him in the .001% hereabouts.

?

I dont know much about Anna Freud other then she from Vienna, was a docter and was related to Sigmund Freud. I should have bought the book. I dont know German but its still an interesting publication to own about the mechanics of the mind.

Cheers, Patrick

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    That Patrick knows of Anna Freud puts him in the .001% hereabouts.
    Of "anywhereabouts" to be fair. Not to take away from our prodigious Irish friend, but knowing who Anna Freud was is an accomplishment not just on this site, but most places in the world.

Edit: grammar

I'd also like to register that despite the awful behavior of some despicable vultures in the SS section of the other site, I also frequent that site and have had a great deal of help from knowledgable members there in the Heer uniform/cap sections. Yes, I have also spoken with a member who actually typed out the word "scull", and suggested that my beat-up Heer Alter Art had been rebanded with GLUE in the TR period... However, I've also corresponded with archeologists and have gotten great advice and support which was sometimes lacking on this forum. I posted my beat up Alter Art for review here and got nothing but hectoring and sophomoric jeers that it should be "binned" by members who actively collect relic helmets... That's called "Chutzpah" where I live. On the other site I received sound advice and suggestions on restoration, not to mention support, material and otherwise. I would suggest that painting one site as fully "bad" because of the terrible behavior of a small cadre of imbeciles is painting with too broad a brush, as we sometimes have similar behavior on this site, nicht wahr? I see no need for a cold war between the sites, but this is just my opinion and unlike many of our more seasoned and advanced members, I have not yet been victimized by these moronic vultures... yet.

With all due respect,
    Eddie

Thanks for the honest assessment above. I am afraid my experience has diverged from yours, but I appreciate your forthrightness.
    The Carl Schmitt piece gets the better of me, truth be told, but each person is free to make a decision for himself on these things.
    Adrian, Bob and I had the collective experience of trying to make the German daggers site work around a decade ago, whereupon we did out best with the Bianchi thing, only to be lynched there in a pretty profound way there in the middle of the last decade.
    This place has been our answer to our collective bad experience.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast