Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid

Article about: Hello everyone, I have an SS trapezoid that I do not know much about. When it comes to headgear especially SS I don't have a lot of knowledge but I have not been able to find another example

Default SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid

Hello everyone,

I have an SS trapezoid that I do not know much about. When it comes to headgear especially SS I don't have a lot of knowledge but I have not been able to find another example on field grey wool like this. All I have seen are black Panzer and Bevo styles, Opinions?
    SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid
    SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid
    P
    Many

Green wool traps are pretty rare & heavily faked. I believe there are different accepted original variations but the example you posted is lacking quality of a original (imo). The skull & eagle pattern look completely different as does the wool base.

Here is a original wool trap on a cap for comparison, photo courtesy of Bob Hritz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M43 Eagle Trapezoid  

fake indeed

?

So I came across this example that I was considering and thought I might as well post it here since it's the same type of green trap. It looks good to me, any concerns ?

Al

SS M43 Eagle TrapezoidSS M43 Eagle Trapezoid

Aldo, that one looks original to me as well.