Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info

Article about: Hi guys just want to get some info about this Tunic, the bottom pockets are missing and i'm not sure if it has been shortened. It has a big blood stain and quite a few patches where it's bee

Default SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info

Hi guys just want to get some info about this Tunic, the bottom pockets are missing and i'm not sure if it has been shortened.
    It has a big blood stain and quite a few patches where it's been repaired so seen some action.

Its seems to have shoulder board buttons but i don't see any sign that a eagle had been on there a few loose threads but no sign of a imprint of a eagle on the inside or out (i think)
    I own the Michael Beaver books and the Michael Beaver with J.F Borsarello Waffen SS camo uniforms
    From what i read these was not meant to be worn with any insignia (collar tabs, shoulder boards ) but they were applied in the field
    It's not SS police as the ones in my Book have 3 holes on the inside under the armpit, read somewhere els police have 6 buttons SS has 5 (mine has 5)

Though id post for some opinions

Best Martin

Both pics are of the left arm where the eagle should be
    The 2 pics of the inside was taken under a different light
    SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info
    P
    Many

It's a camo jacket, so it's not usual to wear insignias like this, it's very easy for a sniper to kill the man with this jacket.
    My first SS jacket of this model was from the HJ Division, with only the collar tabs, I took off them......
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Hi Martin,

This is a nice genuine example of a dot pattern jacket worn by the Waffen-SS troops. The jacket is one of the earlier made examples because there are the neck Buttons. The later jackets don't have them. Probably there is a Betr. Ra. stamp inside visible or the size stamps.

Hi guys, why is it very easy for a sniper to kill a man in this jacket?
    you took the SS tabs off why? how did you know what Division he was from?

i've not seen the stamp but it is very worn, i wondered why it had no arm eagle, you guys think it was taken off or did some come with none?

Best Martin

CBH
    ?

They came without insignia , sometime it was added but not always .

Wearing a camo jacking with medals and red award ribbons would be quite counterproductive.

CBH
    ?

I don't really think it would make too big of a difference , a ribbon , or a couple of awards . But I wouldn't shine them before battle .

Hey CBH and KMmorris, ahh i see some come with out the eagle,

it has a hole for A EK1 pre made in the jacket, i added mine just to dress it up a little

heres a pic one with missing pockets as some liked to tuck them in, and some awards
    i think they might take the awards off maybe going into battle

SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info

?

I have one of these and there is no sign it ever had an eagle or shoulder straps. When your looking for the stamp look in the area of the armpit and look for it under subdued light. The markings get very light with age and bright light make them disappear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info  

Yeah the earlier ones come with shoulder buttons, I think yours is a late going on my book.

ive looked also cant seem to find marking, but heres some pics under a different light and looks much better the flash and really bright light dont do it justice, makes it look really faded

I think it looks much better here

SS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some infoSS M44 Dot camo Tunic some info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast