Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS marked items. Contract in SS-VT

Article about: Seems like only SS -VT period items are properly marked by SS, some of the hat eagles have markings after 1940 year as 475/42, but all other items discontinued SS VA and SS RZM markings afte

?

Default SS marked items. Contract in SS-VT

Seems like only SS -VT period items are properly marked by SS, some of the hat eagles have markings after 1940 year as 475/42, but all other items discontinued SS VA and SS RZM markings after 1940. What is the main reason, why the markings disappeared after SS-VT reformed to the Waffen SS?
    Also interesting that non Germanic volunteers collar tabs has never a SS paper tag on them. Did anyone have a proper order of this?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS marked items. Contract in SS-VT
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS marked items. Contract in SS-VT

I think that marking was a lot of money, so they stopped. I have one SS helmet with RZM SS in the steel, but this helmet was sold after to Luftschutz. And painted in blue.

I agree with Lebus, I think it was a cost saving exercise. The HJ did the same for that reason

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I've started this thread, due a lot of peoples looking for answer to this question, and they want to hear opinions from the real historians and they want to see some documented orders.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I 've mean the supply of the A-SS and SS VT was changed the system after reforming in 1940 year. The new supply system of Waffen SS , is there exact documented orders?
    Regards,
    Dimas