Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Oberabschitt Rhein

Article about: so foetid.

Default SS Oberabschitt Rhein

Since these sites are suffocated in "sculls" and recrimination about fakes and frauds, here is something that sold recently, and sadly, not to your correspondent here, but which will find a good home. It is the Montur of a Obersturmbannfuehrer in the Oberabschnitt Rhein of the Allgem. SS. It was wrongly identified as an SD uniform, which goes to show that not too many persons really understand Allgem. SS regalia. If you bought this to re sell it, then let me know, please.
    It sold for a very modest price in my opinion. SS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt Rhein
    Since it is very nice, I share it with you seekers of truth. I wish I had bought it, but some eager beaver has same, but he owns now something other than the auction description. Someone should have little difficulty in establishing the identity of its owner, who was likely the chief of staff in this headquarters or something similar. Or they were an Ehrenfuehrer associated with this HQ, which was in Wiesbaden, I think. In any case, yet another object from the US zone of occupation in western Germany.SS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt Rhein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Oberabschitt Rhein
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Oberabschitt Rhein

Where may I ask did this sell? Very special uniform.

Lovely SS stamp in the trousers. As I learn more about the German economy during the Reich, all the little stamps, labels and controls found in uniform items make sense. Leather, cotton, wool and metal were all obtained with precious foreign exchange currency. Now when I see an RZM proof I see a precursor to a war of aggression.

Maybe the uniform has a convenient label with the owner's name?

It sold far from me and I failed to get it by remote control, which is not my thing. I did want it, surely, since I do not have an Oberabschnitt tunic. Of course, the sellers did not describe it right and maybe the person will still sell it to me, since it is not SD at all.
    There is no label in the thing, apparently, or it was not shown. If the man was on the staff or attached to the Oberabschnitt, a close reading of the rank lists will reveal him.
    In any case, it got away and I am peeved, since it sold for a fraction of its real worth.

All typical in collecting, to be sure. But keep the pictures for orientation. Happy foetid woolens to all who might read this here.SS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt Rhein

so near, but so far, and so silly at some level, surely.
    I have no right to deprive someone else of such an object. Of course, it would also be silly of them to think the thing was an SD uniform, when it is not. But what role does the truth play in any of this?SS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt Rhein

Most collectors have great difficulty with the organization and regalia of the Allgem. SS, of which the Rhein tunic is a senior part, and an Obersturmbannfuehrer was a fairly high rank, all things considered.

The one question mark about the tunic is why would such a senior person at a senior echelon have no Ehrenwinkel?
    But the thing could also have been harvested by insignia collectors, naturally.SS Oberabschitt Rhein

I do not wish to cast doubt on something that I otherwise regard as 100% genuine and would have been delighted to secure at the low hammer price.....

?

Thank You F-B for sharing your take on this SS Oberabschitt Rhein tunic with us.
    I have learned a great fondness for these black uniforms following your influence.

SS Oberabschitt Rhein

SS Oberabschitt Rhein

SS Oberabschitt Rhein

Thank you for the nice organigram of the Allgem. SS to elucidate my little photo essay.
    Happy reading to all and if you like these foetid black woolens, when I croak you can buy them! Or somewhat before I croak, but at the rate that the " is it fake?" and "scull" threads unfold here in their sorry number, I will expire ahead of plan.
    Some woman asked me today how long I expect to live for a retirement finance survey. An impertinent question, no?

SS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinSS Oberabschitt RheinFoetid woolens.

I do wish I could have gotten this Oberabschnitt thingy.

No where else can you find such nice Bildmaterial, you know.....no where.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast