Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officer collar tab set...

Article about: I recently discovered these at a gun store here in Houston, and thought they may be of interest here. The front is nearly identically to several authentic examples which have been posted her

Default SS Officer collar tab set...

I recently discovered these at a gun store here in Houston, and thought they may be of interest here. The front is nearly identically to several authentic examples which have been posted here recently. However, there are inconsistencies with the runes, and the reverse is different, especially the cuts and coloring of the buckram.
    If authentic, which I believe they most likely aren't, they possess characteristics which I'm unaware of in original examples. Granted, though, I have much to learn, so it's entirely possible my opinion is inaccurate.
    Now if they are fake, in my opinion, the material; besides the buckram, and construction; besides the cuts, are executed quite well. Such is intimidating to say the least.
    My hope in posting this example is that this will be of some assistance to a member, learn something myself, and that they will teaches us all who are still learning new information.
    Thank you all very much for viewing this thread.
    *Another "mistake" worth notation, the rank is of a SS-Schutze, yet there's officer wiring. I guess they could be unissued and/or incomplete, or it could also be a mistake made by the fakers which is nothing rare.
    C.

SS Officer collar tab set...SS Officer collar tab set...SS Officer collar tab set...SS Officer collar tab set...SS Officer collar tab set...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer collar tab set...
    P
    Many

btt any opinions?
    Looking closer, I like this.
    SS Officer collar tab set...
    This item has been in the stores possession for 25 plus years, so they say. If it is as I suspect, fake, It's not a new one.

?

They are bad Paki made
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Not good! Front is not symmetrical and buckrum is wrong. Sorry.

fake indeed

Thanks all. The runes are symmetrical, however, which is seen better in person, but the buckram is incorrect, and not like anything on a authentic example. These are definitely not the worst reproductions I've seen.
    Thank you all again for your replies.

as has been stated by those with far more experience than i, they're bad.

the piping seems particularly glaring (not that other features are not) because of it's "brassiness" or glittery sheen. i wonder if that piping, when teased apart at the cut ends, reveals that it is composed of three strands or two. to my eyes, although hard to say definitively from the photos, there appear to be two strands.

Dimas gives the source and they definitely look to be of Pakistani origin.