Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.

Article about: see the personage behind Himmler who is charting his own path with cap badges. How silly of him. Not textbook.

Default SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.

see the personage behind Himmler and Raeder who is charting his own path with cap badges.

How silly of him. Not textbook. SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.
    P
    Many

SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.Very hard to understand such a failure to read the textbook or engage in on line fora.

He must have had a special dispensation?

From the afore mentioned, I meant ;-)

Heaven forbid he posts his hat to the maroon site. He will be shouted at and likely banned...

Was there no insignia police back then? Oh the continuity which could have been achieved if they only had the internet.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Was there no insignia police back then? Oh the continuity which could have been achieved if they only had the internet.
    Consider the possibilities:

"Now on the Internetz: The RZM Uniformen-Forum. Moderator of the SS sub-forum: "Reichsheini88" (Elektropost-Anschrift: HH@RFSS.de). We have ways to make you join!"

SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.There are those on the Axis History Forum who can identify each and every senior SS leader. I wonder who this man is, in fact?

In reality, there are numerous examples of the NSDAP badge on the black cap, to say nothing of the army eagle, as well.

And for those who do not read our posts, the phrase "textbook" is not often to be seen here, and with good reason.

Happy hats.

As is the Sepp Dietrich cap. The cap eagle on the SS officer behind Himmler appears to be a Gualeiter type.

Great and rare photo Friedrich. This time period is multi faceted ..something new and never seen before, to what is old appears before the collecting community once again.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey, wrong eagle,,, your under arrest... consentration camp for you

I have always felt that militaria collectors today (especially TR collectors) discriminate and fuss over "authenticity" far more than the people who wore / used the stuff we collect during the period concerned.

I am certain that some tailors for instance would either be unaware or just not care that a particular eagle was not quite the correct pattern. An NS eagle is an NS eagle right? I am also prepared to accept that in some cases the wearer wouldn't notice the difference or might have even chosen a different pattern for aesthetic reasons or preference.

We always assume that everything was 100% correct as authorised but the opposite is well demonstrated in the pictures above.

However, I still don't want a hat with the wrong eagle in my collection without bomb-proof provenance

Thanks for the illumination

Mark
    PS For about two years as an NCO during my own service I wore an officers chinstrap on my cap (they are quite different) and nobody even noticed, I still have it so what will collectors make of that in the future?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast