Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Officer tab Wolfs Head ???

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this tab I am sure its bad I could not find anything to compare thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default SS Officer tab Wolfs Head ???

Hello

what are your thoughts on this tab I am sure its bad
    I could not find anything to compare
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???   SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???  

SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???   SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???  

SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???   SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???  

SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???
    P
    Many

Pfui. Your doubts are very justified.

?

Thank you
    Tony

Quote by tony75 View Post
    Thank you
    Tony
    Sorry. This is an old fake.

Could it get any worse .. ? O yes ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS  Officer tab Wolfs Head ???  

Never seen an original of these in Officers quality.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Minefield isnt it,, id love own anything genuine SS, however due to a bloody huge mortgage i am in the bottom end of the market where the fakes are plentyful,, out of interest which is the item i could go for which would be both cheaper and genuine,, dog tag or something.

I agree with the other members on this one -- it's a pretty ugly fake...

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    out of interest which is the item i could go for which would be both cheaper and genuine,, dog tag or something.
    This really depends on your definition of the word "cheap." The sad fact of the matter is that SS items are more expensive than standard NSDAP items simply because they are attributed to the SS. Many of us don't have the funds to purchase an authentic SS tunic or visor cap... However, there are still a number of authentic SS items that are relatively plentiful and can still be had for a fairly low price. You could look for an SS sports shirt patch, for instance. These are fairly large, relatively inexpensive, and have the iconic SS runes on them. Another option is the SS edelweiss patch -- these are plentiful, and dealers often sell them in great condition for around $100. If you're interested in runic collar tabs, look for the Dachau "BEVO" style. I see them all the time, and they are pretty easy to authenticate, and fairly cheap, as SS items go. You can also check out the various volunteer sleeve shields, which are interesting and often sold for fairly low prices. All of these suggested items are well-known to collectors, and if you create a post on the forum with regard to a potential purchase, I'm sure that the members will be happy to give you their opinions before you buy it. The key is to do your research beforehand -- you will gain a better appreciation for the quality and history of authentic pieces, improve your recognition of these items, and become a better collector in the process. Good luck!

The juxtaposition of "cheap," "genuine" and "SS" poses a real problem for the beginner.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The juxtaposition of "cheap," "genuine" and "SS" poses a real problem for the beginner.
    Quite true, FB.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    however due to a bloody huge mortgage i am in the bottom end of the market where the fakes are plentyful,, out of interest which is the item i could go for which would be both cheaper and genuine,, dog tag or something.
    I would also add that fakes of SS items are plentiful regardless of the price point. Practically any SS item has its associated fakes, including dog tags. The only way to be sure of an item's authenticity is to do the research and learn enough about the item to recognize the characteristics of an original (and ask for second opinions, of course).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast