Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Officers Eagle--Opinions

Article about: Backing material, outline stitching, bullion wire composition, shape of the swastika and wreath...the eye detailing, the cross stitching on the chest....I like it.

Default Re: SS Officers Eagle--Opinions

Well Ade, I am at an impasse. I have not held enought of these in hand to know. I respect all of the opinions here but there are so many knowledgeable people that are on both sides of this one. I can not decide if I should send it back or if this is just one that is private purchase type that is not often seen.

Jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Eagle--Opinions
    P
    Many

Hi Jeff, most people like to collect by concensus nowadays. I am not saying that is the right thing for everyone, but it does give you a little bit of a safety net. But if the people who are voicing opinions about it are ones you respect and can rely upon (either one way or the other) those are the ones you can take to the bank.

But I know the odds are this eagle will bug you in years to come because of these mixed reviews. Should you ever come to sell it, these mixed reviews will also make life more difficult.

At the end of the day you need to be happy with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I still don't see anything wrong with It.

Jeff, you have to be happy with it. Why you buy something and ask later if it is good or not good?
    When I am at a show and have something in my hands where I am not 100% sure about it I always place it back, that always helped alot.
    And the right instinct counts most.

?

Even not a textbook, but I like what I see.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

A wire embroidered is not going to be an exact clone of the next 100 made after it. They will always have minute differences and slight appearance contrasts. Some were more higher quality construction than others, is all. Naturally, they were not All produced on One machine by One person. My personal opinion of this eagle is that it is fine and a great original example. If the opinions of Sid,Dimas and myself are not assurance enough for you, then it's probably best to send it back. As said above, it will, no doubt, always bother you and you will likely never be wholly satisfied with it-and what's the sense of having something in your collection that you feel like this about? Was the price reasonable?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Jeff, There are two distinct aspects that I like about this eagle, having said that I must also say that Jahnke is producing eagles of this quality with the same characteristics. I really hope that it is good as , to me, it appears a beautifully executed example.

I have decided to keep this eagle. I just today looked at it under a slit lamp that my father let me borrow. I compared it under very high magnification to other bullion Heer eagles that I own. I liked the way the wire looked in comparison and the eagle does have a cream colored unterlagen. I am happy to have it in my collection and to those who asked why I doubt, its just my nature with SS cloth. I needed only one eagle for my display so it was out of my normal SS collar tab and shoulder board relm. The price was fair for this eagle but still at collector to collector pricing. All in all I have put my doubts to rest. Thank you all for your input!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
    I for one think that you have made a sound decision. If it can be proven that your eagle is not original then I will never consider another SS bullion eagle again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3