MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS officers rune tab

Article about: Thanks to member CTN I have added this nice (slightly chewed) tab to my collection Nick

Congrats, Nick! Was admiring that one myself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officers rune tab
    P
    Many

Beautiful piece well done nick

Nice tab and great close up images of the bullion Nick, well photographed! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nice tab and great close up images of the bullion Nick, well photographed! Leon.
    Thanks guys

The photos are the sellers, I could never produce that detail

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I truly don't want to rain on your parade Nick, but I thought you meant want to know this. I've received several opinions from well trusted collectors of this particular material, such as Martin Stiles who has sold such an example and others who've own such an example that this tab is a very well made copy. That said, Ive always liked it and even almost purchased it myself, but when in doubt......
    IMO It will be hard to sell this in the future, which is something to consider.
    - Additionally Felix at the other site said in a open thread he believed it to be a copy as well. If you'd like to know the others Nick pm me.
    It should also be stated I'm Not deeming this tab a fake, I'm only relaying the information I was given.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I truly don't want to rain on your parade Nick, but I thought you meant want to know this. I've received several opinions from well trusted collectors of this particular material, such as Martin Stiles who has sold such an example and others who've own such an example that this tab is a very well made copy. That said, Ive always liked it and even almost purchased it myself, but when in doubt......
    IMO It will be hard to sell this in the future, which is something to consider.
    - Additionally Felix at the other site said in a open thread he believed it to be a copy as well. If you'd like to know the others Nick pm me.
    It should also be stated I'm Not deeming this tab a fake, I'm only relaying the information I was given.
    Thanks for your post

Yes I read the uncertainty about this tab on this forum.
    I have since contacted certain people including some of the WAF 'experts' and have come to my own conclusion that it is worth taking a punt on as there are more favourable comments than against. A tough call ..nicht war ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have just come across these interesting pics of similar SS officers tabs in Bando's excellent book 'Insignia and Artifacts of the Waffen SS'

Sorry about the poor pics I have just taken them with my phone!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officers rune tab   SS officers rune tab  

SS officers rune tab  

They both appear to have the same patina Nick. However, the structure of the runes are quite different IMO.
    One last thing to consider is this is suppose to be a early variant, yet it has a paper tag which, as I'm sure you know, didn't exist until after 37' or so.
    I still like and dislike certain aspect of this tab. The question is, are you willing to risk 'X' amount of dollars on a tab that most are uncertain of? For myself it's easier to buy an unquestionable example I will never doubt. Good luck, and fingers crossed it's proven original.

Thank you my friend for your help and advice with this

Hi Nick I have just posted on your thread on the waf.
    Here is my post

Hi Nick when i first saw this on warrelics forum I think i said there were things about the tab i like and things i didn't or were not sure about.As long as your happy with it thats all that matters.But in the past i have had things that are hard to sell when or if the time comes.
    Good luck with what ever you decide to do with it.
    Cheers
    Dave.

I do agree with youthcollector I will be honest i did advise him against buying it.There were many doubt's posted about it by a few experienced collectors.When it arrives have a real good look compare it with known originals in your collection,If your still happy good luck to you.But if you have even the slightest doubt take advantage of any returns policy the seller has.
    As i said in my waf post i have bought items in the past and even though i have slight doubts i conviced myself the items were good and eventualy regreted it.
    But as i said good luck in your decision.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast